Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Point and Click Adventures

Options
  • 06-03-2004 6:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Anyone of any other good point n click adventures apart from the Monkey Islands, Broken swords, dott and s+m?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Grim Fandango might be up your alley.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Beneath a Steel Sky and Lure of the Temptress - also made by Revolution (a la Broken Sword) - are free downloads - see the links in sticky at the top of this forum.

You could also try The Longest Journey and Syberia. (out on budget I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Not point and click, but by far the best adventure out there-ICO, but it's also only on the playstation 2.

As far as PC adventures go, you really don't get any better than the longest journey. Also theres a sequel to siberia out soon, which should be brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I agree about ICO - beautiful game....never called a game beautiful before...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

sam and max
    day of the tendicale (sp)
    monkey island

most games made by lucasarts in the early to mid 90's

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Razers Edge

They were in the middle of making a sequel to sam&max recently but they have unfortunatly canned it because they felt it was the wrong time for this sort of game. There was an article in PC Gamer that LucasArts are going to make Monkey Island 5 although it is only a rumor. The point and click genre is generally accepted as being dead as it is being replaced by the control system like in the latest Broken Sword game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

Full Throttle, Loom and The Dig are the other classic Lucasarts point and clickers, Full Throttle being the best of them(and that's saying quite a bit). A sequel is in the pipe too. I'd also reccomend Grim Fandango very highly, the whole 3D thing can be offputting, but it's probably the second best adventure game I've ever played apart from Ico and Zelda(if you'd call that an adventure).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

both full throtle 2 and sam and max 2 have been canned by lucasarts in favour of another bad star wars game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by DrunkLeprachaun
    Full Throttle, Loom and The Dig are the other classic Lucasarts point and clickers,

I thought The Dig was pretty awful myself. Dull as dishwater, in fact.
    Only thing it had going for it was the voice of Robert Patrick.

Speaking of cancelled Point'n'Clickers, there was a Warcraft game at one stage that looked completely awesome. Can't think of the name of it, but you were to play the role of an Orc raised by the humans. This plot got some homage in the Orc campaign in WC3, but it's a pity as I was really looking farward to some good old point'n'click action.

Edit:
    Warcraft Adventures: Lord Of The Clans!
    That was the name of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

Is the longest journey still available or what? I bought it when it came out but it wouldnt work on my old PC, and i really, really wanted to play it. Havent seen it around in years

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I would have to recommend Ico as well. Very atmospheric with a touching story.

I don't care for point 'n click games much but Sam and Max was hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Originally posted by Scratch Acid
    Is the longest journey still available or what? I bought it when it came out but it wouldnt work on my old PC, and i really, really wanted to play it. Havent seen it around in years

play.com have it for 8.99 sterling I think, but you shoudl be able to find it in any games shop that sells sold out software titles

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Loom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭JCDenton

Indiana Jones and the fate of Atlantis.
    Definetley an old skool point and click adventure and worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Any Broken Sword
    Any Monkey Island

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Syberia,

And when you're finshed that, a demo for Syberia II is now out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If you can find it Snatcher. Its for the Mega CD but works prefectly when emulated on GENS. Its not really a point and click (no mouse) but plays very similarly.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Capcom release Glass Rose (PS2) next week. It's a Japanese based point and clicker that, like Gregory Horror Show is being released in Europe at a budget price. Got decent reviews in Japan, but I've yet to see any here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Dont forget the new version of ScummVM is out in a few days. This time it has full support for Broken Sword 1 & 2 plus Flight of the Amazon Queen is being given away FREE.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

There was a budget pack out not that long ago with four LucasArts games in it - The Dig, Full Throttle, Grim Fandango and Sam 'n' Max iirc.

I thought Syberia was fairly boring tbh. Awful pretty though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement