Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ireland england final score

Options
  • 06-03-2004 6:44pm
    Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭

yes it's true! what you think!

ireland 8-1 to win!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

:D i never watch rugby and even im really happy at this

always good to beat england no matter what game it is :) never mind when there the world champs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

Typically negative game from Ireland. They relied yet again on the boot of O'Gara.

The fluid running game of England was stifled. The game was lost in the line outs.

The better team on the day won - it is just a shame Ireland could not have played more positive rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

You suck. A lot.

Well we are still World Champions. A title I can't see Ireland ever achieving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well Done Ireland! Exellent tactics, lousy England performance. Next win 2114!

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Originally posted by mike65
    Well Done Ireland! Exellent tactics, lousy England performance. Next win 2114!

Mike.

I think we'll beat the Scots by more than that scoreline ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

YES!!!!! :D:D:D

My heart was in my mouth for the last ten minutes. Class, we are the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

hahaha "We wuz robbed", James get off the ****in forum, your lads took one hell of a beating.

Originally posted by James Melody

Ah. And I was tempted to ask you in my initial post whether you were an English fan or just an idiot. Do you remember how you won the world cup? Did it have anything to do with a certain out-half?

Nice to see you're single-handedly dispelling the stereotype of english arrogance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Typically negative game from Ireland. They relied yet again on the boot of O'Gara.
    The fluid running game of England was stifled. The game was lost in the line outs.
    The better team on the day won - it is just a shame Ireland could not have played more positive rugby.

are you clive woodward in disguise!?

sour grapes anybody!?

from all of us hahahahaha england lost beaten by ireland :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

child :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

Thought it was a fantastic match.
    When O'Gara hit the post with his first penalty, i thought it was going to be curtains for us. I didn't think he'd be able to maintain any kind of confidence. But he went on to kick everything else brilliantly. Joint man of the match with D'Aracy in my opinion.
    D'arcy played brilliantly today, some excellent running and passing. Creating the try in the process. Again, D'Arcy and O'Gara join man of the match.
    A lot of credit too to the Irish lineout. Outstanding work from them.
    Stringer's ankle trip on Robinson was amazing. Such a simple thing but he does it so well.
    In fact, the only real disappointment was O'Driscoll. I don't think he, personally, be happy with that his performance.

Killian

Let me apollogise for my fellow countrymans silly reaction! (I support Ireland)

Mike.

Nice to see so many people sticking to the stereotype of the "thick paddy"

Should I place "tongue in cheek" before any remarks for the benefit of those without a sense of humour.

I thought the idea of levelling an accusation at the Irish team that is often levelled at England would be very easy to spot as being "tongue in cheek"...

From now on I'll stick to subtitling my posts for the humour impaired.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

FANTASTIC!!!
    Well done Ireland.
    Gordon Darcys break which lead to our try was sublime.
    Who was left in Darcys wake? none other than Jason Robinson who is touted as THE fastest player on Earth.
    He is a great player but what joy to see Darcy put space between himself and Robinson.
    England are the best team in the world but my god Ireland deserved this victory.
    O Driscoll had a weird game it must mbe said.

Originally posted by K!LL!@N

In fact, the only real disappointment was O'Driscoll. I don't think he, personally, be happy with that his performance.

Killian

Agreed. Too much hype not enough hero since he became Irish rugbys pin-up boy.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

Oh how we've been waiting for this!!!!

You know what to do with your f*ckin' chariots!

Ireland, probably the best rugby team in the world .

Haha, like england have never relied on the boot of a certain player.

O'Gara controlled that game with his boot. That's what he's there to do. Kick penalties and kick for position, to let the lineout do what they do best.

England, Woodward in particular, were extremely arrogant and they paid for it.
    Woodward thought this game was a chance to experiment, and he was proved horribly wrong.

Killian

I'm not a frequent visitor to this board, so your (too) subtle attempts at humour were indeed lost on me.

Killi@n I think you missed the point there...

• Advertisement

I suppose your second comment was being humorous as well. :rolleyes:

It just smacked of arrogance, not subtle humour.

And any passing readers would have said the same thing as well.

Killian

No the second comment was a statement in response to being told that I suck, a lot....

I think you have arrogance on the brain Killian, I can't see how Clive Woodward was being arrogant in any way at all..

And I certainly think that my initial post was obvious to all but the most irrational of minds as humour...

I've no interest in getting into an argument about it.

We won, you didn't! Na na..na na...na!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Just another example of humour.

But seriously, your comments were not obviously humourous.
    I'll take your word for it though and leave it at that.

Killian

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

stop flaming

try and make constructive comments about the game.

Ireland won by playing England's game. Unfortuantly better than England on the day.

Good kicking (apart fomr the first piss poor effort) from O'Gara, keeping play in England's territory..

Very stong in the line out which is ultimately where the game was won/...

Originally posted by K!LL!@N

I'll take your word for it though and leave it at that.

I had stopped.

Killian

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Excellent stuff, that will shut them up for a while. O'Gara was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

i went down to collect my 14 euros, (i know not a great amount but ok for a 2 euro stake) and there were a lot of punters collecting on ireland. i'd say the bookies were hit hard today. anyway now i'm off to boards.co.uk to post stupid posts and then when more than three people point it out try and fob it off as subtle humour

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Ireland could have played better and we still beat them, and well if you ask me, if we cant perfect that type of game I reckon we could develop a very strong side. I felt that Paul O'Connell played very very well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 healy001

We now have the triple crown in our sights. i cant see Scotland giving us much of a game especially at lansdowne road. its great to see the irish do so well, a tactical performance. gotta take my hat off to the line out who helped to destroy the english. Also yet another great display from O' Gara. i was looking forward to seeing George Hook eat humble pie at the end of the game! im sure he thought it was a nice pie too.

Advertisement