Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ireland england final score

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

For Ireland to win without Hickie, Murphy, DOC and a poor offensive performance from O'Driscoll, shows how simply awful and pityfull England were, even without Wilko and the leadership of Johnson.

I'm still pinching myself. Roll on Italy and Scotland. Even the Welsh may fancy their chances now against the all whites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Originally posted by Dcully
    England are the best team in the world but my god Ireland deserved this victory.
    They may be the current world champions but that doesn't mean they're the best team in the world... just ask their line-out. Still, a great game by Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Absolutly great game...

Here in cambridge most of the blame has been put on either lack of wilko or the ref and the two disallowed england tries...(which i believe were justified in disallowing)

funny how they are willing to bang on my door all day when they won the world cup...but are stranegly silent today...

Is this the first time in recent years we beat england in twikinim>?

Cause if it is i think that more then eough compensates the lack of johnny wilko.

I think Ireland have got the best line outs in the tournament.

I can see France rubbing their hands with glee along with whales after today. And i see scotland blessing themselves numerous times...

OH HAPPY DAY!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The result certainly opens the tournament up, nothing is
    guarenteed now.

Mike.

ps Is Eddie O'Sullivan the most miserable coach in the world?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Originally posted by mike65

ps Is Eddie O'Sullivan the most miserable coach in the world?

But a damn good one, got to take a lot of credit, but yes, he should be punching the air and going cock a hoop, but then that wouldn't be Eddie O'S

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

What a great result! Ireland played the way any team has to play in twickenham and that was to disrupt the england game plan. This game showed englands weak spot, their limited to two game plans; wilko's kicking or else fast running. suckers

Irelands best player i though was O'Kelly (the man some munster supporter though it would be funny to call the ruck inspector-you know who you are). He put himself all over the park, was great in the lineout and put in that try saving tackle.

And we cant forget stringers show piece; his tap tackle, i think jason robinson is still bouncing from it!

A well finished try from Dempsey who looked ordinary otherwise but i do think Ben Cohen should be cited for that outrageous feet first lunge tackle which seemed to go un-noticed by the ref. Should have been a straight red ad the early obstructive clothes line on Bod should have been punished too.

but who cares really

All together now! "swing low sweet chariot"

Actually check out these picture here really good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

Just got this picture of reuters and i think its fairly clear wat cohen's intent is.

lets have him shot:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭sleepwalker

England to win by 30+ points

james melody how does it feel to be so wrong

great day for Irish rugby, bring on the triple crown and with a bit of luck perhaps the six nations title itself

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭bribren2001

brilliant performance-
    darcy was very good but i thaught the match winners were the pack(okelly was outstanding),line outs + mauling was excellent,kicking from ogara was top notch!

brilliant!!!

triple crown is now in our grasp!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Cracking win, cracking game. Full credit to our pack in particular to our tight 5 who dominated the game.

This is probably the best win for Ireland in a long long time, England tried to play but we played better, bottom line. Great performance from out pack and our backs looked dangerous for the first time in a while.

Been critical of EOS selection policy but I have to say I'm happy to be proved wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

ahhh what can I say !! A magnificant result !!!! Really proud of the team out there !! Brilliant game, Ireland shown to have great technical ability, courage and a all round solid performance...They have continue to make leaps and bounds!!!!!! absoultely brilliant!!!!!!!!

Fair play to the english coach Clive woodward for coming in to the dressing room afterwards and saying the best team won !! Good on ya Clive!!:D :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

[sarcasm]Oh the Arrogance of Woodward displayed again..[/sarcasm]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,095 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

A great victory for Ireland.
    Nice to shut the smug English press up for once.
    I wonder how the Sunday Express will view it all tomorrow.
    Will they run a 28 page special on it like they did after England won the World Cup ?
    Nice to beat England at their own game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭catsup

ireland proved to be a great antedote to englands arrogance!

what a game :D thought we were toast after o'gara screwed up his first kick but excellent passing showed what a tight team we had out there. did anybody else notice stringer getting a soccer-style foot trip (think it was dallaglio) during the game?! poor form! not o'driscolls finest hour...what happened? concussion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

Originally posted by James Melody
    [sarcasm]Oh the Arrogance of Woodward displayed again..[/sarcasm]

Ok, fair play to him if he went into the dressing room after the match.

But if it wasn't arrogance, thinking he could experiment in the way he did and get away with it then it must just have been stupidity. heh

Killian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Ichiro

what a game, Was watching in a bar in England, and Felt so good to cheer the Boys
    on, What a Performance.
    I would have given my Right Arm to be in Dublin tonight

Big Thank you to the Irish Team made my year.

did anyone else feel that england were too slow on their rooks allowing ireland too much time to set themselves up...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

What a great win was so proud of the lads yesterday
    James:
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/gerire/http/images/rugbyposter.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by MisterAnarchy

I wonder how the Sunday Express will view it all tomorrow.
    Will they run a 28 page special on it like they did after England won the World Cup ?

er no that was the World Cup not a "routine" Six Nations game...

Neil Francis gave his player ratings in the Tribune today and O'Driscoll got 3.5. Easily the lowest score.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Ben Cohen should have been sin binned for all the professional fouls he committed. And put off for the reckless challenge on Girvan Dempsey. Lucky he didint get him in the face.

To beat england in their own backyard, sweet as a nut joey!

• Advertisement

Originally posted by gerire
    What a great win was so proud of the lads yesterday
    James:
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/gerire/http/images/rugbyposter.jpg

Enjoy your little moment of victory...In the long run Ireland will lose to England far more often than they will win...

Originally posted by K!LL!@N
    Ok, fair play to him if he went into the dressing room after the match.

But if it wasn't arrogance, thinking he could experiment in the way he did and get away with it then it must just have been stupidity. heh

Killian

What are you talking about???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Enjoy your little moment of victory...

Ok we will. Its a big victory if ya ask me, beating world champions at home where they havent been beaten for 5 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Enjoy your little moment of victory...In the long run Ireland will lose to England far more often than they will win...

We beat England in their own back yard. LOL
    World Champions bet by the tiny little backward Ireland LOL

I fụcking Love it.

GO ON IRELAND.

All we need now is a soccer freindly in England so we can kick their asses again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

By far the most glaring mistake Woodward made yesterday was his persisting with Thompson at hooker...it became clear very quickly that he was going to have a shocker at the lineout all day, and yet it took an hour for anything to be done about it.

Now I'm confused, James. Are you still persisting with humour, or was it merely your first post that was ironic?

What are YOU talking about???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Ah James don't be sour I know you don't have much experience in being gracious in defeat, but with that whole 22 games record gone, fortress twickenham breached and away to french next get used to the feeling.

Great game, forwards played a stormer, really excited now to seeing Geordan Murphy and Hickie come back.

I think what made this game so much sweeter is the fact that both teams showed upp and we won because we were the better team, no paddy luck required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭gombín

Nice to see so many people sticking to the stereotype of the "thick paddy"

Overt ignorance against the English team is one team, covert racism is another.

Shame on you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

What are you talking about???

I'm talking about Woodward playing players out of position.
    Keeping players on the pitch that were obviously playing poorly.
    The lineout was terrible, every second or third ball was being thrown crooked.
    Englands lineout improved a little once the substitution was made.

Killian

• Advertisement

just on a side note on how bloody far some fans take their rugby...

Me and a m8 got barred from our uni pub for the night because we are irish.

well no0t exactly. What happened was me and a m8 wore our irish jersey's to the pub to support and afterwards we went to the studant bar to get really drunk sadly some hardcore english fans were allready there and the second we walked in they started screaming abuse etc etc. Security told us to leave for safety reasons despite our assurance that we dont want to start a fight (me scrawny little basterd). which really pissed us off but still we got drunk elsewhere. their loss

Advertisement