Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ireland england final score

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Originally posted by James Melody
    Nice to see so many people sticking to the stereotype of the "thick paddy"

Typical Brit, sore loser, why don't you and your mates go start a riot or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Harry2001

Originally posted by irish1
    Typical Brit, sore loser, why don't you and your mates go start a riot or something.

Hilarious, well done :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Originally posted by catsup
    did anybody else notice stringer getting a soccer-style foot trip (think it was dallaglio) during the game?! poor form!

Think it was Joe Worseley

Originally posted by Harry2001
    Hilarious, well done :rolleyes:

Find something funny mate??:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Harry2001

Find something funny mate??:D

err..... no

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I don't think this was as fantastic a perfomance as we're all leaping too, team played very well - an awful lot of individuals didn't. I say this because I think it means there is room for improvement.

Cohens lunge should not go unpunished, Dempsey had to come off because of it. He should have been binned and the penalty given. Petulant prick.

Can Ireland now do something they haven't been able to before and run a cricket score against the two weakest teams?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭bdiddy

Woodward was quoted during the week as saying that they would have won the World Cup without Johney Wilkinson.... This defeat was his own fault as he himself has (surprisingly) admitted. Was genuinely surprised by the general English attitude after the game(besides one stubborn poster !!!), they recognized that the better team on the day won and they were just not able to match the Irish performance.

Bring on the Itialians!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Typically negative game from Ireland. They relied yet again on the boot of O'Gara.

The fluid running game of England was stifled. The game was lost in the line outs.

The better team on the day won - it is just a shame Ireland could not have played more positive rugby.

lol

I appreciate you James :)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

woops,

thanks fanj for editing...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Fudger

A great win, the boyz stepped up to the plate, climbed aboard the chariot, took a dump in the glove box and slapped a clamp on the 'square, cocky wheel'.

Well done Ireland truly a match to go down in not only irish rugby history but world rugby history a true team effort, be sure Ireland is the toast of the modern rugby world.
    Should I place "tongue in cheek" before any remarks for the benefit of those without a sense of humour.
    Us Irish could never understand the english humour nor did we ever want to or will ever bother to try and understand. Retracting statements is just expected and typical of you english........so yes do put your "tongue in cheek" and to be honest i hope you choke on it.
    Enjoy your little moment of victory...In the long run Ireland will lose to England far more often than they will win...
    Is that more of the 'english humour'??? I'm not sure, could you put a 'joke tag' when you are excerising english humour, it would help us out alot. Its hard to come down to such a low level of intelligence when not notified in advance.

Wilkinson.... woops.... i mean..... England won't win the world cup again for a very very very long time......if ever so to take them to town on their homecoming match infront of their QUOTE: "prawn eating" END QUOTE: imperialist supporters....... is so much the sweeter............ memories are made of these.......

D'Arcy for president!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Originally posted by Fudger
    QUOTE: "prawn eating" END QUOTE: imperialist supporters....... is so much the sweeter............ memories are made of these.......

O' Driscoll was misguided making those statements. Thank God the rest of the team were able to live up to them unlike he himself. He is beliveing the hype a liitle too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

Post-colonial inferiroity complex...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

Originally posted by K!LL!@N
    I'm talking about Woodward playing players out of position.
    Keeping players on the pitch that were obviously playing poorly.
    The lineout was terrible, every second or third ball was being thrown crooked.
    Englands lineout improved a little once the substitution was made.

Killian

Yes, he made mistakes on the day....But how is that arrogant??

He played Robinson out of position.
    The only player who had a really bad game was Thomson who was substituted, admitedly later than was needed.

These are mistakes not signs of arrogance. Woodward going into the Irish changing rooms afterwards really blows your thinking out of the water I'm afraid.

That is my last post in this forum.....unfortunatly there are far too many knee jerk english hating tossers in here.....you know who you are...

edited to remove racist and offensive remarks
    (consider yourself on probation. If you feel like editing your post to be less offensive then please do so - I don't mind anti-English banter, but there are limits. - Trojan).

its two fold............ the mind games. Robinson didn't exactly light the pitch on fire as it is always hyped and expected. Its a team game and shouldn't be so easily confused. No 13 was pulling defenders away from D'Arcy, I admit D'Arcy created his own space but No 13 created room for him aswell. The english where out to mark No 13 out of the game and they won that little war, but thats what every rugby fan( i would gather) was expecting to be honest. I don't think everyone was expecting to see No 13 dancing around the pitch with a hat-trick of tries under his belt. Ireland used the hype to their advantage. While the drug dealer english captain (among others) was wrestling with No 13, D'Arcy was long gone and with the ball too...... The irish team kept their heads under huge pressure and that comes from a good captain......... 1 - 15 on the pitch and the lads on the bench took it to the english as a team..... no-one individual wants to take any credit nor will they. They won as a team....... and a bloody good one too.....

No 13 is O'Driscoll by the way, i wouldn't want to individualise anyone and o yea and he is the captain........

If anything they should have gone for the mental edge on the english even more, it wouldn't have required much more effort and it would have been a further rather more amusing build up..............'prawn sandwiches'... LOL... don't they have the same caters in Old Trafford?
    Post-colonial
    ........ lucky you said 'Post'

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Is1ldur

Stringer's ankle-tap on Robinson was inspired....

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭gombín

Eh, afraid not Jim. That's only shown by your willingness to come and live in "post colonial" Ireland.

I hear they're short of ignorance in the Falklands, if you're looking for somewhere to spout your nonsense.

I'd respond to that, only the mods have asked me in the past to keep politics out of this forum.

But I think one word would suffice

IGNORANT

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

quote:
    Typically negative game from Ireland. They relied yet again on the boot of O'Gara.

The fluid running game of England was stifled. The game was lost in the line outs.

The better team on the day won - it is just a shame Ireland could not have played more positive rugby.

now, let me know if this makes sense jamesmelody, but stiffling the fluidity of a superior team looks like tactics to me. after all, its how teams like wolves beat Man utd.

to preach about the negativity of winning a game from the boot is a little ironic, since jonny wilkinsons boot scored most of englands points. i dont think i heard you shouting long and hard that england shouldnt have won a world cup by scoring a drop goal.
    or is that different?

whether or not you play 'positive' rugby is not really an issue. you play to your strengths, not your oppositions. just because you didnt like the style employed, dont damn it. after all, it did beat you.

ireland played a steady game. they were solid and they did their job well.
    england lost the game by being too inconsistant, not playing simple balls, and losing their possession.

you want to bítch, bítch at your own team for beating themselves. personally, i think wales could have beaten england.

but stop trying to put down the irish team for a good performance, and try and look subjectively at your own team and its own failings. and dont try to sugar sweeten or pay lip service to the team with half assed compliments to try and make your arguments look valid and unbaised.

you lost. it happens. you'll win next year.
    accept.
    deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

O'Driscoll is getting a very hard time but don’t forget he is playing out of position he is a second center and not a first. The two positions require different things most of the time and the differences in position are exaggerated further when you play at the highest level as everything happens so fast. You can’t expect him to make as many brakes from first center as he did from second he simply doesn’t have the space.

• Advertisement

edited to remove racist and offensive remarks
    (consider yourself on probation. If you feel like editing your post to be less offensive then please do so - I don't mind anti-English banter, but there are limits. - Trojan).

Hmmmmmmm fair enough.................. ironic............ but understood...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

No one is saying O'Driscoll is a bad player, he just had a bad game.
    Playing out of position, he should still be able to do the simple things.
    There were some poor drops of the ball and some of the kicking options he took weren't great.
    But the team as a whole were great, and it's better to have the team as a whole on form than to have one player on form.

Killian

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

No question he had a poor game, but I think its only fair to point out it’s not his normal position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭DEG viper

Ireland should have the best back line when hickie and murphy return with

murphy as full back

horgan and hickie wingers

BOD and darcy centers

and stringer and o gara

when is Hickey due back anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Well said WhiteWashman. James, according to you England must be the most negetive rugby team going. And just because you didnt have Jonny on saturday you think you can throw that Negetive rugby crap around. Our Kicker played very well but it isnt where we really beat England. For me it was the lineouts.

Define for me Positive Rugby?

England where positively crap and Ireland where positively brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Ireland had a great game!!

D'Arcy and O'Driscoll really do give teams something to think about other the the standard crash ball from maggs!!!!

O'Kelly played the game of his life.
    O'Connell just keeps getting better!

The backrow mopped up the English!!

Dempsey played a great game, the difference was he didnt kick the ball away all the time!!

Can't wait to see the Murphy, Hickie, Horgan, D'Arcy, O'Driscoll, O'Gara, Stringer backline!!!!

That will be one of the deadliest backlines in the world.

The best Ireland have ever had!!!

Big things if we can get them all together injury free!!

This must be the busiest thread ever in Rugby?? Yes/ No

Gwan the Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭DEG viper

i never seen so many posts in here before anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

england are shit, ireland are great

YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!!!

Advertisement