Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netsource Cancelation Fee

• 06-03-2004 6:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

90 squid? anyone else get this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

No
    They'll tell you it 75 which is what they have to pay for you to dc. Different if your doing a bit stream transfer (ie moving isp)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

yeah 75+ vat, smart feckers never told me when i rang/emailed to cancel, or told me when they sent me an email to say its been canceled

Well they been saying to alot of people lately bout 75. Should be int vat at that price.

My contract had 150+vat dc charge. I changing isp though so next week I've to contact comreg to find out exactly how to do it

think i will just cancel my DD abd let them sing for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭DaithiSurfer

Exactly right.
    Cancel your DD and tell them to get stuffed.
    I wouldn't pay them a penny 'to leave them'.
    scumbags.
    Whats more i hope anyone reading this takes this disconnection charge into account before buying bb off netsource or should it be back to netfarce again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

That should be E72.60 including VAT .

Its not like Netsource invented it or will not incur it themselves. The question is whether it was itemised in the T&C's when you signed up. If not, you may have assumed that they would 'carry' it in their overall profit margin on the product.

M

Any 'real professionaly run business' would not deal with it in Netsources way at all.
    If it is an expense that they need to get back, it should not be charged as a 'leaving fee'. It should be added on to the connection fee in the first place. But then that would be too transparent for Netfarce and they would not be able to hide this charge from the ordinary joe or business who sign up for them. They find it works better when you spring it on the mouse before he leaves the trap.

They wont get any repeat business from anyone after this i should think.
    For example, i was with UTV for Dialup, left to get BB and now will go back. This will never happen with Netsource no matter what they charge in future.

one thing you can be sure of with them is 'You dont get what you pay for. expect some changes to caps and extra charges along the way'.

By the way can anyone tell me how to give Netsource notice of cancellation? I cant remember whether i have to post a letter or send an email.

i sent an email and cc'ed myself on it as proof,

Originally posted by DaithiSurfer
    By the way can anyone tell me how to give Netsource notice of cancellation? I cant remember whether i have to post a letter or send an email.

email would do it they told me.

Anyone have any direct info on bit stream transfers? Anyone tried or trying?

• Advertisement

Lovely Jubly.
    Email it is so.
    If i go to UTV or ESAT can they organise the cancellation and changeover for me?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I'm getting increasingly irate at Netsource here but I don't know what to do now because:
    1) I don't believe the changeover period will be quick (although I am at a city centre exchange)
    2) More pointedly - I don't know how long I'll be in this appartment. If I changed address can I carry my account over to a new location? Netfarce suited me with its rolling contract. Everything else about it does not suit me...

Firstly, you can normally move house (or appartment) and move the contract too. Normally isnt a problem.

The change over shouldnt be too long. I'm begining the phase of searching for info on bitstreaming (ie same day transfer). When I asked iol they said it could prob be a week or two which is still a bit much.

Someone else posted this before but have a read of it
    http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/products/internet_bitstream.asp

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Originally posted by Ryaner

Someone else posted this before but have a read of it
    http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/products/internet_bitstream.asp

The documentation doesn't specifically say how long, it just mutters something about reasonable lenght of time.

esat did say two weeks. Changing the actual port change be done it 15min (remember the 48:1 to 24:1 change? - same thing I think).

I'm trying to get some proper answers before I actually go thru with it so I'll post whe I get some

Rang back today and canceled the DD, guess i will be getting the red very important letters from netsource soon

Just send them a cheque for what you owe them for your BB connection up to the time they switch it off. Don't pay them for the dissconnection as i'm almost positive that this is illegal. Surely a company cant keep your business by charging you for leaving. Any solicitors out there?
    Andwhatever you do dont send them the cheque til after they disconnect you or they just might cash it and then disconnect you early keeping the change.
    And if anyone will do this, its netsource i bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

Does anyone have a copy of their t&c handy? Preferably from last year in case any recent changes have been made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Originally posted by MrPinK
    Does anyone have a copy of their t&c handy? Preferably from last year in case any recent changes have been made.

I have a copy, think i got it before christmas, and the €75 disconnection fee is mentioned.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

http://taz.castindustries.net/stuff/tnc.doc

My terms and conditions ^^

• Advertisement

They keep changing their t&c. Mine are diff then one's posted and diff than what they say now.

Main diff is that mine has a 150dc charge in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

Yeah, I was certain that there was no mention of the disconnection fee in my original t&c. I think eircom only introduced it in September. If it wasn't mentioned when you signed up, I'm certain they can't make you pay it. The right to change the terms and conditions doesn't allow them to add extra charges.

And thanks for that Tazzle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Originally posted by Ryaner
    They keep changing their t&c. Mine are diff then one's posted and diff than what they say now.

Main diff is that mine has a 150dc charge in it
    I've just looked in my T&C's again and there is definitely no charge mentioned .... so, I take it that it would be illegal for them to try and charge me when it was not mentioned at the time I signed my contract with them?.

Advertisement