Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

arsenal v portsmouth(scores)

• 06-03-2004 7:54pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭

half time 0-3

arsenal are awesome so far
    could have been more apart from a very impressive primus

semi final place looks secure now

reyes looks very lively
    hope he will score in the second half

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Henry with the first, Ljungberg, and then Toure.

Portsmouth made it hard for Arsenal with a very effective, physical game but the difference in class eventually came through and the floodgates opened.

Reyes was the best player on the pitch in the first half imo, very encouraging. Ljungberg looks terrific down that left side, being able to cut inside really seems to suit him. Suitable replacement for when Pires retires? Quite possibly. Edu has overshadowed Vieira in midfield, i find it interesting that both Ljungberg and Gilberto have been played out of position to accomodate Edu. I wonder when Wenger isn't resting anyone whether he will remain in centre midfield or go back to the bench.

Oh, and Primus looks a bit useful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

4-0

Henry with a sly low curler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

5-0 Freddie

This is pathetic/boring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Harry2001

Originally posted by bazH
    5-0 Freddie

This is pathetic/boring

Surely watching the best ever English club side can't be boring :confused:

I don't support Arsenal but love the football they play.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

5-1 trust teddy scumbag to ruin a clean sheat lol :)

good performance overall and if arsenal put their minds to it they could have hit double figures against pourtsmouth but with one eye on wendsday night its understandable they let off after a while

it will be an interesting semi final draw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Awesome peformance by the whole team, Okay Pompey are'nt top draw and not at full strength but the Gunners
    application was an object lesson for all footballers.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I'd hereby like to nominate the Pompey fans for the best ever performance by a set of supporters. Tremendous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Originally posted by mr_angry
    I'd hereby like to nominate the Pompey fans for the best ever performance by a set of supporters. Tremendous.

Couldn't agree more. A real credit to the club. Athough there was one guy in the left hand corner in the first half mouthing off at Henry every time he took a corner. All the usual guff, plus a few hand gestures. Then a steward had a word with him and not another peep out of him for the rest of the half. Very sheepish...priceless.

Primus looked useful early on, but even he couldn't suppress that Arsenal team for too long. And painful as it is to say (Spurs fan...:( ), Arsenal were outstanding. They will be VERY hard to beat in that form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by mr_angry

Couldnt agree more with that. Great atmosphere throughout. Arsenal were outstanding and while the result wasnt a suprise the scoreline certainly was. Primus was also great the first half, redknapp will have a hard time holding on to him i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭elbow316

Think Primus is 29/30 though? Surprised he hasn't broken through earlier, he actually looked impressive despite the goals going on.

Its looking like Wenger has got the team coming into real form at just the right time - everyone looked really enthusiastic yesterday and wanted the ball.
    Freddy looked brighter coming in from the left than he has done in a while, while reyes looked a class act to me. You can see at the moment that Reyes and Henry up front don't really work as a duo, its just the quality of the player and their clever runs that made them look impressive last night. When they actually get an understanding......../me drools :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement