Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Glass milk bottles! *clink clink*

• 06-03-2004 7:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭

Something outta the blue. I was pretty pissed off that they were done away with at the time - not only for the fact they were good for recycling, but also 'cos they were easy to open and easy to pour. I've lost count of the number of attemps made to get the tetrapak plastic lids right tho they seem to have gotten pretty close with the round ones ('cept they flick milk all over the feckin' place!)

And then there was Dessie the milkman at 5am with all the clinking. Those were the days...

It is what it's.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭evie

I remember back in the days of primary school, waiting for the milk in the glass bottles for lunch time. I remeber the guys in my class having races to see who could finish theirs the fastest. And if you were quick enough, during the Summer, you'd run to the crate to try and get the least warmest ones!
    What didn't kill us made us stronger!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Originally posted by oneweb
    I've lost count of the number of attemps made to get the tetrapak plastic lids right tho they seem to have gotten pretty close with the round ones ('cept they flick milk all over the feckin' place!)

I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE !!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭BigO

tetra pak will go down in history beside things like 3d goggles as overrated crap!

bottles were grand then we got bent containers that rarely open right, and you can never tell how full a carton is when you pick it up !

theres alo to be said for glass.

and in the whole sick process we handily made the tetra pak guy a multi billionaire!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Originally posted by MrJoeSoap
    I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE !!!!!!!!

so did i....

its a plan between the milk companys and the dry cleaners of ireland so you will get suit's cleaned in the dry cleaner's.....

makes sence....

or i'm just paranoid

Advertisement