Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Technical problems

• 06-03-2004 8:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭

(prob on wrong forum but)I had CM4 installed and patches to EP5. Then windows XP started acting up everytime i put disc in saying autorun.exe has caused an error and will be shut down. Grand I thought xp should update it (realised 82 megs on a 56k connection wasn't worth it and didn't know how to bundle the lot of friends 512k connection, just starts installing straight away, no zip or rar file) So I went to start a new game and it said, on the creating game loading bar, cm4.exe has caused an error and must be shut down. Uninstalled and wasn't reading the files on the disc as valid win applications (wtf .exe files?) after a while i got it installed... What caused these errors? is it need to update XP? and if so is there a magazine or something that gives you the lot of the patch and not just the setup to open the files on the net and download the 82megs individually? or was it cm4? I recently d/l some tactics from the dugout... could this have been it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Have you ever patched XP? Is it XP Home or Pro?
    Did the problem start as soon as you patched CM up to EP5 or was it working with the EP5 patch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

I haven't patched xp. (Think it is home)
    I had patches cm (EP5) and worked but then stopped working...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

i have a problem with loading a new game in 0304.when i try and use the database files from an update or something like that, the load crashes when making the new game.this doesnyy happen with the normal databaselanyone got any ideas, they would be much appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭JippoKelly

Originally posted by besty
    i have a problem with loading a new game in 0304.when i try and use the database files from an update or something like that, the load crashes when making the new game.this doesnyy happen with the normal databaselanyone got any ideas, they would be much appreciated

Is your game fully updated to patch 4.1.5? If not then try d/l the patch and then starting a new game.

If it is fully patched, then you need to pick a new database update I'm afraid. Did you downlaod it or make it? If you downloaded it, the makers may have a fixed version available to d/l now. If you made it yourself, I feel your pain. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

i got version .4 from the dugout i think and i downloaded it,unzipped it and copied and pasted the updated databases into the db folder.i backed up my own slightly modified db just ini case.when i tried to then start a game with the new db it would just crash and it wouldnt work at all so i had to go back to my own database which is pretty much just the original one with a few small additions.its so annoying and i dont know why it wont work....

• Advertisement
Advertisement