Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

base camping?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Poppinz

TheHairyFairy, check your pm's. Thanks

[edit]
    Dont remove any changes I have made. Do it again and you will get a ban. You have been warned. I left you origional post in there insted of deleting it. You should be happy.

And once again, if you need to contact TheHairyFairy do not do it by posting where you like. This board is for Battlefield discussion only. Not your own messaging forum. Thats what PM's are for.

* Winters

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Any vehicles or troops (friend of enemy) come up as a blip on the radar with any vehicle that has it (eg; the fighters, the anti-air guns etc etc). Handy way to find hidden snipers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by TheHairyFairy
    El Al is a good map to find snipers on. But if you are good enough stay outside those radar waves.

I hate teams that call you a basecamper while sniping. All they have to do is spawn as a sniper and find the fecker and nail him. Someone knife killed me on Lost Village the other night. I was mortified, but deserved it.

The Fairy.

yeah i've found my place on that map as well, its fun to snipe on, where do you get the 50cal from?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    yeah i've found my place on that map as well, its fun to snipe on, where do you get the 50cal from?
    Check inside the buildings near the main spwan points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Here is the location of all the re-spawnable kits, including the 50.cal sniper rifles.

A map with nothing but sniping would be cool.

The Fairy.

PS Good to see the [TiG] sigs used tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

and we kicked ass 2 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

Originally posted by TheHairyFairy
    El Al is a good map to find snipers on. But if you are good enough stay outside those radar waves.

I hate teams that call you a basecamper while sniping.

And we hate players who seem more interested in boosting their own score than actually playing a *TEAM* game. Why not go and do something useful, like capturing bases or something? Anyone can sit on a hill and pick people off as they spawn before they have a chance to get their bearings. There's no skill involved. Even if you do end up on the top of the scoreboard, people won't be overly impressed.

Originally posted by ssh
    And we hate players who seem more interested in boosting their own score than actually playing a *TEAM* game

Who is we? snipers are an intricate part of the team just like any other members. if people are being killed before they can run and jump into choppers and the like that stops them from being able to take bases and what not allowing other team members who prefare to fly and capture flags to do so.

and who is overly impressed by anyone toping a scoreboard anyway?

data

p.s hairy thanks for the map

Who is we? snipers are an intricate part of the team just like any other members. if people are being killed before they can run and jump into choppers

I can fly a chopper or fighter and achieve precisely the same thing. If you choose to play a slightly less appropriate class for a map like elal, please don't ruin the game for the rest of us.

Originally posted by ssh
    I can fly a chopper or fighter and achieve precisely the same thing. If you choose to play a slightly less appropriate class for a map like elal, please don't ruin the game for the rest of us.

i am under no impression that i am ruining the game for anybody, if a group of people can't coordinate to clear a sniper out of a base imo they deserve to be cut down, there is no appropriate class superior or inferior (whether it be slightly or significantly) in any map imo its what you do with it that counts. nor should i decide for anybody what they class they should or shouldn't play in a given map.

if you are flying a chopper and a plane and achieving the goal of killing people before they can jump into a vechicle then i fail to see how it is different then sniping there base.

Regards

Data

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Personally I see nothing wrong with the odd sniper, as a rule they are mostly stationary and quite easy to remove once you've located them. Not really the same as a base camper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

I've been telling off/kicking opposition players sniping the coalition main base on dc_lostvillage.

In future I'll just destroy them in-game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

Its a pure judgement call thing to be honest with ye.

I mean ppl will always be split both ways. I give yesterdays berlin for example. round 1 coalition got out and started grabbing the capture points which was good.

but round two oppisition had the upper hand from the start and had coalition pinned down in the non takeable spawn point for the entire round.

I was on coalition both rounds and didnt consider what the oppisition were doing as base camping in fact it was a rather enjoyable round trying to get out and get at least a foothold.
    thats cause everyone was on foot.

but the crapiness comes in when ppl chute out over their enemy bases jump into t72...destroy all vehicles around them and then proceed to spawn rape..thats what base camping is in my eyes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Hmmm. How to respond.

Sniping is a major part of the game. If a team has good pilots and they are ruling the map all you have to do is slap a sniper into or around their base and they will do well to make it to a plane.

If the dev team didnt want this kind ofplay why put a fecking 50.cal sniper rifle into the game?

Next people will say that you shouldnt play as sepcial ops coz the smoke makes it harder to see.

Anything goes in this game as long as it isnt paramount to cheating. If you get sniped then snipe back. Its as easy as that.

The Fairy.

Anything goes in this game as long as it isnt paramount to cheating. If you get sniped then snipe back. Its as easy as that

Aye

And theres notting better than running a few snipers down with A-10 cannon fire :D

Bah. Evidently good sportsmanship is dead.

I still say attacking people inside an uncappable base using any weapon sucks. And I'll always strive to play on servers where that is a rule.

Originally posted by ssh

I still say attacking people inside an uncappable base using any weapon sucks. And I'll always strive to play on servers where that is a rule.

I think your just complaning because snipers kill you big deal its a game and snipers are designed to stay in one place and fire at static/slow moveing players.....No where better than a base

Originally posted by bizmark
    I think your just complaning because snipers kill you big deal its a game and snipers are designed to stay in one place and fire at static/slow moveing players.....No where better than a base

Allow me to paraphrase...

Apaches are designed to fire rockets from high onto clusters of armour. No better place for that than an uncappable base. Or much the same for tanks.. armour is designed to break through lines of mixed defences and cause a breakdown in communications in the opposing ranks. Sounds like that'd work nicely in an uncappable base.

See?

If you're playing tennis and your opponent has a strong serve volley style game, you work on getting your lobs right. Not trying to hit him in the face with the ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

snipers - i hate the class with a venom in fairness especially when there is a good one floating about..but ffs they ain't that hard to kill ..if your in a spawn and keep gettin picked off too feckin bad you shouldn't stand still!!....he's not camping if he's well outside the flag area which most snipers do..I mean, what fool hardy sniper is gonna go for close combat with a crap rifle?

Originally posted by ssh
    And we hate players who seem more interested in boosting their own score than actually playing a *TEAM* game. Why not go and do something useful, like capturing bases or something? Anyone can sit on a hill and pick people off as they spawn before they have a chance to get their bearings. There's no skill involved. Even if you do end up on the top of the scoreboard, people won't be overly impressed.
    While my team goes for a flag, I snipe any the enemy. Esp the machinegunners who try to pin down my troops. I shot into teh head of teh machinegunner, and my man goes in + captures the flag.
    Originally posted by ssh
    So what? I fly, with the same intent as sniping, except with a chopper, I kill tanks.
    Originally posted by Lucutus
    I've been telling off/kicking opposition players sniping the coalition main base on dc_lostvillage.

In future I'll just destroy them in-game :)
    As I said before, sniping people in a untakable base is a big no-no. They have to be outside a perimeter, before I snipe them. The exception I make to this rule is if they're sniping me from their base. Then I snipe back.
    Originally posted by ssh

Agreed. But only in an untakeable base.

=====

One thing to note; in No Fly Zone, as there's only 2 base's, all the above is allowed. But heck, thats only cos there's no other base's.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by the_syco

As I said before, sniping people in a untakable base is a big no-no. They have to be outside a perimeter, before I snipe them. The exception I make to this rule is if they're sniping me from their base. Then I snipe back.

that does make sniping pointless then on maps like el al where people don't leave the untakeable base unless it isn a vehicle typically.

data

Correct.. so get in a vehicle or guard one of the outposts your team captures as anti-armor.

:D learn to fly you useless student bum

I saved Mortys arse a few times tonight im getting pritty good in the F-16 and A-10 *+ the Iraq clones*

nah going anti armour doesnt appeal to me that much for some reason.

i will learn to fly choppers at some stage, i will probably pick up a joystick and also get that headset for teamspeak should be fun.

data

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

headset for teamspeak

bah. I prefer my 5.1. You can hear everything and pin point exactly where someone is by just listening. Though it helps best when you have it turned up ... loud. You cant beat the 'ole 5.1

Also joystick is good idea. I find it easier, though landings can be hard to judge with it. I occasionally go back to keys to land a whirly bird on the ground. I'd say a joystick will help a lot with Battlefield Vietnam, when its released, in 8 days. Oh yea.

aye i have 5.1 as well though not exactly set out in the best 5.1 style i have to say. it would be nice if there was some way to jus let audio communication via teamspeak to come through the headset.

anyway to make this possible?

aye i have 5.1 as well though not exactly set out in the best 5.1 style i have to say. it would be nice if there was some way to jus let audio communication via teamspeak to come through the headset.

If you find a way; tell me, cos @ the moment, I get massive feedback (mic->speakers->mic->speakers), untill it goes into a big base sound, and the dog goes mental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Basecamping can be defined thus:

When someone kills you within 100 miles of your base, or a flag you have taken, and you don't like it.

Much in the same way a noob can be defined as:

Someone who kills you, and you don't like it.

I have no problem with basecampers, you can always kill them evetually. TK-ers are far more irritating.

Possibly getting a second cheappy sound card would do it. BTW, anti armour in bf + dc sucks. The rockets in EoD are much nicer. But if you want the best virtual rocket firing experience, Opflash gives it.

• Advertisement

I have a second sb live pci card in my pc to handle teamspeak/etc. I pipe all that stuff through the card to a one-eared headphone/boom-mic thingy. I then have the normal game sounds come out through the speakers. Fap.

(Mind you, I've found that teamspeak lags me something ferociously on isdn when playing.)

Advertisement