Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wow... given a date by IOL

• 06-03-2004 10:06pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I rang up IOL to find out if there was any news on my BB being set up, and i was told that it would be 'live' by the 18th at the latest, but expect it to be afew days earlier, this is the first time i ever knew of any precise date being given, or was she just bullsh*tting me???
    (i was a little disapointed it was the 18th, which is about a month after i applied, but it could be worse I guess)

Flogen

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

When they give you a live date you it usually goes live a few days before... Happened with me... Enjoy life on the fast lane! lol well relatively fast by Irish BB terms ;)

X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭tammy

i was given a live date of 16 feb, and i'm still waiting. Apparently there have been problems at the exchange and eircom need to sort it out. what a pain in the jabbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Arsemonger

Same old ****e.

What you want to do is get on to the boss (can't remember his name) who will refer your case (as he can't be bothered) to someone with a vague hint of authority to whom you just bug the life out of.Worked for me.I was activated early,sent a letter of apology,phoned on the day my account was activated,recieved a follow up call wishing me the best :confused: and credited to the tune of €24

It pays to be a cantankerous old bastard :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭BlaaBoy

i have to say i had alod of hassle trying to get setup , took 8 weeks to get me online , worth it in the end .. i hope !!

Advertisement