Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hamster Harness

• 06-03-2004 11:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭

I was wondering where to get one of these
    Does anyone one know of somewhere or know a website where I can get it from?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Does it exist?

I've seen ferrets in a harness on a leash (seems, oddly, to work better than a cat on a leash!)

Why would you want one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I hadn't seen these for hamsters before, I didn't think they made them that small (also hamsters are flexible/wrigly, can't they just escape the harness? :) )

Found this though:
    http://www.petdiscounters.com/small_animal/hamster/leads/hagen_hamster.html

Check Petstop to see if they have them (I've seen the rabbit ones there). Otherwise you might have to get it from the States or the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Pet Stop in Blanchardstown sells a hamster harness and also a harness for guinea pigs.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭Ragamuffin

Originally posted by LurkingIcon
    Does it exist?

I've seen ferrets in a harness on a leash (seems, oddly, to work better than a cat on a leash!)

Why would you want one?

I want one because it would be cool to let her explore without loosing her( and I only got her a few days ago so I wouldn't want to do that :) )
    But don't think I'm going to 'walk' little chessie, because that would just be mean. I'm just going to let her explore at her own pace:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

And have a big stick / early warning for suddenly arriving preditors.

Rook / Magpie will go for hamster, not just the obvious Raptors and four legged pets!

We have had both try and peck at Guinea Pigs through side of wire run, pups especially. The Adult piggies understand "beak length" and nature of wire fence and actually "taunt" the nasty birds. The Crow Family, while much, much smarter than Hens, Pigions and Sparrows have not quite figured this and can keep the Guinea pigs amused for at least 10minutes.

I've seen a Magpie "take" an adult sparrow at the bird feeder.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by LurkingIcon
    And have a big stick / early warning for suddenly arriving preditors.

Rook / Magpie will go for hamster, not just the obvious Raptors and four legged pets!

We have had both try and peck at Guinea Pigs through side of wire run, pups especially. The Adult piggies understand "beak length" and nature of wire fence and actually "taunt" the nasty birds. The Crow Family, while much, much smarter than Hens, Pigions and Sparrows have not quite figured this and can keep the Guinea pigs amused for at least 10minutes.

I've seen a Magpie "take" an adult sparrow at the bird feeder.

Thanks for the advice but I'll probably just keep her in the house and let her explore there:) Anyway I'm afraid that she'd get a disease or something, and it's to cold:ninja:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

What I have, and my little guy loves it, is a hamster ball. A clear plastic ball that you place the hamster in, close up, and let the hamster roam around to their hearts content. You can always fine the hamster afterwards by just picking up the ball. It particularly suits me, as I have a dwarf hamster, who is quite a wriggly little guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

I just got one from http://www.petutopia.co.uk/harnesses__collars_and_leads_7061.php?PHPSESSID=fd0823c8817c28e5a32aeca84ab88422# and it arrived in less than a week.

Funky colours too !

The medium one was a bit big for my 6 month GP though.

Originally posted by Bond-James Bond
    Pet Stop in Blanchardstown sells a hamster harness and also a harness for guinea pigs.

Hope this helps

Well, I went to Blanchardstown on Saturday and went to Pet Stop Superstore :)

But they didn't have any left:(

I might try get one from the internet

Advertisement