Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish rail web site offline - How to get to Roscommon?

• 06-03-2004 11:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭

I was trying to find the train times from Dublin to Carrick-on-Shannon and Boyle online, and www.irishrail.ie's servers are down, I suppose. (I think I have experienced that before.) Anyway, are they online elsewhere? Or does someone have a current printed schedule? I'm looking for the times travelling there on 19 March and back 21 March. Thanks if anyone can assist.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,474 ✭✭✭✭Victor

There is a "smart" telephone timetable. The number should be in the phone book. Just make sure you don't check for Roscommon - it's on a different line. :)

I've never seen the site down. www.buseireann.ie is working

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

I managed to connect to the site eventually, and found PDF timetables. But I find the site to be incredibly slow, far far slower than similar sites I have visited. And it fails to return a dynamic search where you put in two stations and a date. At least for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Dublin (Connolly)- Carrick on Shannon Friday
    08.20 - 10.28
    13.35 - 15.45
    17.05 - 19.17
    18.10 - 20.14

Carrick - Dublin Sundays
    09.20 - 11.34
    14.50 - 16.59
    18.20 - 20.29
    19.05 - 21.17

Boyle is about 15mns further from Dublin.

Advertisement