Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom BS

• 07-03-2004 2:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭

I ordered EircomBB a few weeks ago. I had to get engineer install as I have Eircom Phonewatch on my line. I was told that it takes 3-5 weeks to get it done. Fine I say.

Into week 4 I ring them and ask if its going to be done anytime soon. The guy tells me next week due to backlog. Fine I say. Week 6 I ring again, they tell me that there was a problem with the Santry exchange and that the dude should be around in the next couple of days. Grr, fine I say. Week 7 now. Rang them yesterday, guy told me that the Santry exchange is part of a few exchanges around Dublin that takes a bit longer to get BB on, he was a bit vague. But then he said it'd be another 3 weeks until I get it.

Does all this sound like bullshit that the support guys came up with on the spot to try and cover themselves?
    Thats 10 weeks. 3-5 my arse :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Deal with the devil..

On a more serious note though, it does sound like you were being gimped around. Try escalating your call or contact one of the managers by email (their addresses are sprinkled around the ioffl forum liberaly and people have had some success with this route). How come you decided to go with eircom?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

There were reasons. Not all I can remember.

I think.....Oh yes. I planned to go IOL, but one week I was trying to contact them on an unrelated matter. It took me 4 days and I was on hold for at lesat 40 minutes at a time. I didn't really want to do business with a company I couldn't get in telephone contact with. UTV wasn't available in my area, Netsource too expensive. IBB not available in my area....

There was other reasons, Eircom was my last resort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

UTV is available everywhere that eircom is, the same as IOL. Whoever told you otherwise is a knobjockey of the highest order.

Ah, nono. That wasn't it.

It was that you have to switch to their telephony service aswell . But certain higher powers (mother) didn't want to do that.

Might look into it again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

are you with eircom's telephony service as the utv phone service is cheaper than eircom, so it makes sense to change that too

if your with someone else than id understand

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭BlaaBoy

b4 u make a huge mistake ring eircom and cancel the order !!
    i had eircom broadband for 2 months and endless problems, ghosting on theyr server the whole time . an eircom rpoblem , but yet i had to ring technical support everyday to get them to bump me off b4 i could log back on !!
    i was lucky enough to get out of eircom contract without having to pay 150 squids but believe me , get out while you can .. u might wait 30 mins to get thru to iol , but once u do , you'll never be on the fone to them again .
    happy days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

All they did for me in the uk was switch it on..... Why did an engineer need to come?!

John

Originally posted by Lump
    All they did for me in the uk was switch it on..... Why did an engineer need to come?!

John

Cause here you need to be "qualified" to flick the switch.:rolleyes:

Considering UTV now, Eircom have pissed me off so much at this stage, just to spite them, even though I doubt they'll care.

Advertisement