Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concurrent Logons in XP

Options
  • 07-03-2004 4:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭

I quite often find myself switching between my 2 pc's both with XP pro on them. I sometimes use terminal services to monitor whats happening on one from the other. However when I logon back on locally it logs me out of the terminal services connection.

Is there anyway I can enable concurrent logons (with the same userid) that would stop this from happening? Its nothing major just one of those little things ......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Dizz

No - not unless you're running a windows of the terminal server variant. Concurrent sessions will be allowed in XP SP2 tho :)
    For the meantime - how about VNC over ssh?

Dizz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

SSH and Vnc might be a bit of an overkill...its just lazyness really, since both boxes are connected to the same keyboard and monitor....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

And on a related note - is it possible to have two internet connections open (1 b/b and 1 dial up) at the same time on the same pc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Dizz

Yea but not easily - if there are two traversable interfaces on your puter one will be set as default - so unless you wanna go arsin around with routing tables, eg Destination IP Address 1 go out through interface 1, Destination IP Address 2 go out through interface 2... etc, best stick to one interface at the time. Someone else might point out an easier solution in the Net/Comms board

Dizz

Advertisement