Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

galway PPL Unite!

Options
  • 28-04-2001 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭

Ok I almost never post messages here coz I have had a **** pc for ages I could play q3 or anything, and therefore didnt know this was such a kewl place.

Anyway, to my point.

I see loads of Galway ppl on these boards, and was wondering, do any of you guys go to any LAN cafes in galway? I usually go to a Place called Clan network games at clan video and I never see and bloody quake players there, just ****ing counter strike players and losers playing single player games on they're own. If you guys are all hanging out @ some better place tell me where it is coz I dont know any other really good lan cafs in galway other than net@ccess and paddycaf.

Bottom line: More ppl in galway should meet @ lans and maybe have some competitions or sumthin.

ThrAx

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Because most of us know better than to pay to play on substandard machines at exhuberant prices with astronomical pings smile.gif

Rob

Rob.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">"There are Britney people and non-Britney people." - Britney Spears
    </font>

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Good call dude - it's just a shame that Tribes 2 and Counter-Strike 0wn Q3A's ass tongue.gif

Maybe I'll see you down there [clan video] at some stage mate - be cool.

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Prepare yourself - The Beefy King stirs from his slumber...</font>

[url="http://http:clanhitk.warfactory.com"][honey i] violated [the kids][/url]

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

yeah see, robbo, clan rules. Kharn says so, nyeeaahh

cmon any more ppl who go to clan wanna organize a lan? :?

oh yeah robbo p3s with geforce 2 GTSs dont sound like substandard machines to me m8 tongue.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

LAN is Cafe, unless Shadow is involved = Pants.

LAN in someones gaf = Much better idea. Now, how many can we get?

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

• Advertisement

Aye = Must have RODLan in Galway.

Thrax - have you got a network card? Do you know others who will join us?

There'll be me, Jaden, kayos, Kix and I'm sure I can convince some of the CS kiddies to come play.

Rob, when's your house gonna be built??? curlydav.gif

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)

So I turned around to Jack Charlton and said: "Well of course it's not a football Jack, it's an '86 Chardonay!!!"

[honey i] violated [the kids]
    Tribes 2 Goodness

The Dawn of the Beefy King approaches...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Yes, LAN not cafe.

BuckFastLan?

I refuse to play any game that involves promotes heavy thinking, Q3 or QW only please.

Rob.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">"There are Britney people and non-Britney people." - Britney Spears
    </font>

Take a look at the Counter-Strike board and see the news.

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)

So I turned around to Jack Charlton and said: "Well of course it's not a football Jack, it's an '86 Chardonay!!!"

[honey i] violated [the kids]
    Tribes 2 Goodness

The Dawn of the Beefy King approaches...

I dont have a network card...well I do, 3 of em, but they dont work in my new motherbrd with no isa slots. I need a new pci network card. A good place to hold a lan is in the Anno santo hotel, for free. My friend DooDee (CS player) can possibly hold a lan there. Find him sometime in #fortress.ie maybe. Oh, and if anybody wants to join me, DooDee and #MEAT# in clan video (lanfest) on saturday night 8:00-12:00 please come PLEASE!! 3 player q3 aint that good ye know, but well be there, the more the merrier.

Cyas

Thrax

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Sounds cool place to have a lan.

Whaddya think Dav? Rob? Free hotel conference room or something? Reminds me of QP1 smile.gif

Al.

• Advertisement

them lads in the cs brds have been talking about it lots. i want a lan, i dont care where as long as it happens.

i still need a network card tho

thrax

ok, we can use the hotel smile.gif . There is a FAS computer training room there with ****ty p133s, all we need to do is bring our system boxes and we can use the monitors and speakers and **** there. We still have to pay though, unfortunately. It costs £40 for a whole day, so if we put say, a fiver each we can use any remaining cash for a small competition maybe?

let us know whatya think

thrax

Advertisement