Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phantom night out...(yes again!)

Options
  • 07-03-2004 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭

Ok I know that despite Rockie's hard work organising the last phantom night out thing things didn't exactly go to plan, but I still think it was a great idea and I know I'm not the only person who really wanted to go but due to dates and other circumstances couldn't make it, so was just wondering if people would be u for meeting up again some time, like i think it'd be pretty cool coz although lodsa people in the chatroom know each other, myself and others have never met any of ye so anyway was just wondering what ye all thought?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Originally posted by elle
    ...in the chatroom know each other, myself and others have never met any of ye so anyway was just wondering what ye all thought?

stop saying "ye".. it's scary. are you some kind of pirate or something?

and social evenings are cool. never attended a phantom one though... but having a radio station to listen to would be nicer :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

its always a good idea for a phantom night out though i'm gonna say lets make it a crawl across town like the first one. one hour in each pub, sticking to places that arent particularly id-ee especially during the day. 1 hour per pub. post the times up (and stick to them) so that whatever time ya wanna join you'll know where peoples are...

although it would be much better in the summer when the sun is out all day and its warm at night... those were the days...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Aye Kurdt's infamous P(H)ub Crawl of August '02 was the best day out I've had in a long while in Dublin. Although ID wasn't a problem for me at the time I would imagine it will be for some of the people intending on joining the P(H)un.

If Kurdt has the time and inclination I'd get him to organise it, the man knows his decent boozers!

Kurdt for President!!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Well I suggested it in the chat room but nobody seems bothered. However I'm always up for a session, the sooner the better of course. Meh.

The main reason the night out didn't work wasn't Rockiemalt's fault it was down to an issue of ID. Now I'm not pointing fingers here but it should be up to the individual to look after themselves in that department. Whilst I understand that you guys are all mates, there were other people who don't frequent the chatroom etc. in Doyles waiting for people to show up at the designated time. The arrangement wasn't stuck to and as such things went arse ways and people complained.

As Kurdt said, if you make a plan stick to it.

• Advertisement

will this happen then? i might be inclined to attend... and i'm guessing the average age here is 18 or so... even less (judging by the ID worries), which suits me down to the ground... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭The Weatherman

er...... do i dare ask why?

Originally posted by Amz
    Aye Kurdt's infamous P(H)ub Crawl of August '02 was the best day out I've had in a long while in Dublin. Although ID wasn't a problem for me at the time I would imagine it will be for some of the people intending on joining the P(H)un.

If Kurdt has the time and inclination I'd get him to organise it, the man knows his decent boozers!

Kurdt for President!!

president eh? i'll do it!

yeah sure i'll do the organising if ya want.

we'll have to get a date ready though... and i'm thinking something that's as sunny as possible so may/june-ish... and yes i know thats when exams are but we can work round them...

maybe we could have another night out before hand so as to keep us from going thirsty and then have a big crawl in the summer...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

YES to sun!

YES to Kurdt!

NO to booze. Drink sensibly. DIAGEO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭elle

i think it'd be better to have one sooner than may/june, I mean most mocks are over around now and there's no major exams any time soon so I say there's no time like the present

• Advertisement

I still think Kurdt should organise it as it aint just underage secondary school kids who might want to attend.

ok well i'll set it up like last one...
    i stand by the fact that crawls are muchos more fun in the sun! and theres all sorts of exams flying around from now til july so...

lets start suggesting some dates people...

we'll go with the popular vote coz we're not mr w bush ;)

Yay!

any date suggestions though amz?

Any Saturday, bar April 17th as I've a rugby match.

I'm not fussy...

I also have no idea when peoples oral exams are (*snigger*) so maybe if some of our younger people could supply us with such vital statistics we might be able to rock and/or roll then.

maybe peoples should just give dates that they cant make it...

hmmmm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭LA_girl

June 19th.

Closest Saturday to the summer solstice, so it makes for loads of sunshine!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Whenever, i don't care. The sooner the better. Next weekend? The weekend after that? The one after that? And so on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭elle

I'm busy this saturday,next saturday but am free to go anytime after that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

really hope the organisation can be better this time. i'll just sit here and wait for people to decide a date and if i'm free i'll go along.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Macseamusa

june 19 sounds cool, a bit far away. cudnt we have one soon, like a spring pub crawl and then a summer one, more booze more fun. ppl might tend to get lost as the night goes on and as we try and go from bar to bar, unless we all hold hands......

P(H)ub Crawl Number 3 shall be the main event in the Summer.

We could always have a few nights out between now and then. But the first P(H)ub Crawl was organised around June of '02 and held at the beginning of August. A lot of planning goes into it. Kurdt had a fab website done for it with a countdown timer and all!!

Originally posted by Macseamusa
    unless we all hold hands......

calm down now..

we didnt need to hold hands last time... the thing is you stick to the plan... that way ppls should know exactly where you're at ;)

Eggsacktly!

I'd do a webpage but my HTML is still in it's infant stages and as such it would be an embarrassment to me so I eh... wont...

The pubs from the first one were:

Q Bar
    The Flowing Tide/The Neptunes
    Fibbers
    The Bachelors Walk Inn
    Eamonn Doran's
    The TBMC
    The Bankers
    Bruxelles
    The Da 2
    Whelans

I think we started at 2 and finished up in Whelan's for the night club for those of us still coherant enough to defy gravity. :D

Suggest other pubs etc as The Da 2 is no more (I hope!)

*shrug*

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

the foggy dew.. but if its that on the 19th i won't be at it.

so can ya make the previous and/or next weekends?

and amz the village is there now and i'll do a webpage... i've currently got lots n lots of free time :) go me

wahey

Aye cool beans!

And there's Solas or whatever it's called too...

Coz last time there was a bit of a walk between Bruxelles and Da2 so it might be good to have one other stop along there.

Although it should be noted for some of our younger crawlers that despite the fact that every effort will be made to ensure their participation in all venues we cannot guarantee access to every pub particularly later in the evening.

*shrug*

Just a disclaimer :D

or just bring id with ya...

its gonna be quite a while away so if ya dont have id go get some... garda id only takes a few weeks to be processed and they cant say no to you with that...

although they can say no to you if you're drunk off your ass ;)

• Advertisement

Indeed

Advertisement