Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firebird google bar problem

Options
  • 07-03-2004 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭

My problem is that when I enter a search term into the google bar it does the search but then opens up the first page google found in the search......if you can follow that. For example - I type in the word "boards", press enter, and it brings me straight to boards.co.uk, without first displaying the search results and letting me choose.

I've looked through the google bar extension options and can't see where the culprit may lie....but maybe I'm blind.

I've tried a reinstall of Firebird, but it just reinstalls with all the extensions I had previously, reinstated. I have clicked "uninstall" from the google bar extension options, and then tried a reinstall of Firebird, but to no avail - the problem still persists. Any ideas anyone ? Sorry for the lengthy explaination.

Edit: Is there anyway to completely remove all traces of an extension ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

well, going into "c:\documents and settings\username\application data\" and deleting the 'phoenix' folder should give you a fresh start (you'll need to enable the showing of hidden/system files in explorer... tools/folder options/switch to the view tab)

you should grab firefox 0.8 while you're at it (the new name for firebird)

the advice above will delete your bookmarks by the way... go into the phoenix folder, then profiles/default/xxxxxxx & make a backup of the 'bookmarks.html' file beforehand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

Thanks tman, that did the trick. I deleted the folder you suggested and then reinstalled. It's working perfectly again.

Many thanks......

Advertisement