Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Really good strategy games like of Age of Empires 2?

Options
  • 08-03-2004 1:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭

Any other good ones besides AOE 2?

cheers :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭substr

AOE 2 conquerors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I can't exactly reconmend it, because I've not actually played it yet myself, but there's Age Of Mythology, which is the 3rd in the 'Age' series.

Then there's Rise Of Nations, which is very cool indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

I second AW's suggestions..

Matt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Yeah AOM is good. cossacks also.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Never really liked AoM (removed the epicness), and Rise of Nations isnt really anything like AoE series. Cant get much better than the Conquerers expansion pack tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

also theres that new LOTR game coming out that going to have the smae type of game play as AOE. It looks really sweet

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

As above - Rise Of Nations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭Pretence

Warcraft 3 or 2 even, the business...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭Michelangelo

Ye I love Warcraft up to the point where these ridiculous timers would come in. I hate timers like that. So I stopped playing it immediately. I think I will give Rise Of Nations a shot.

Can someone tell me if it is turn based or real time? When I go to get a review it says its turn based in parts but real time for the rest. I do not get this. Any ideas? Is it like AOE 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Originally posted by Michelangelo
    Ye I love Warcraft up to the point where these ridiculous timers would come in. I hate timers like that. So I stopped playing it immediately. I think I will give Rise Of Nations a shot.

Can someone tell me if it is turn based or real time? When I go to get a review it says its turn based in parts but real time for the rest. I do not get this. Any ideas? Is it like AOE 2?

You can play a "Conquer the World Campaign" thats Turn Based, you select the country to attack, then press start and then it loads up a stand RTS scenario much like AOE or AOM (but with much bigger range of units, timelines).

Map= Turn Based
    Battle= RTS

Matt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

what about Star Wars : Galactic Battle grounds , IT IS AGE OF EMPIRES! just with star wars units etc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Originally posted by Tusky
    what about Star Wars : Galactic Battle grounds , IT IS AGE OF EMPIRES! just with star wars units etc
    Forgot about that, the game isnt actually bad, as long as you think of it as sort of an Expansion pack, thinkign of it as a whole new game leaves you quite disappointed, which is why it got very bad reviews in a lot of place's.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Warcraft 3 or Rise of Nations are the good. Homeworld or Homeworld 2 are the best.

Advertisement