Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogen! Nein Danke!

Options
  • 08-03-2004 3:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

put up a board about drugs cause it would be hand if there was a place where we can pool our experiences

if blaeden anna livia fm can get a board why can't Drugs!
    considerinbg about 90% of boards people have experience
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

:rolleyes:

You can’t be for real...........

I bleave there’s a few perfectly good place for people that are stupid enough to use drugs........jail hospital ......the morgue but please god not boards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭BigO

Where will i start!

1) The fact that you have an opinion on the issue and replied with 30min of my post show that it is a hot topic that needs a board!

2) On a personal level the use of a star trek qoute in your signature, the little picture of some stupid aircraft and the fact that your a mod in broadband forum are all tell tale signs that your a bit of a borin shiate!

but i could be terribly wrong :):)

Its a Galaxy class from the before mentioned star trek not a aircraft

I might be boreing but at lest i wont die of a overdoze in some ****ty flat on my own or be put into jail etc

But i could be totaly wrong :rolleyes:

(down to personal attacks after 1 reply....must be a record)

It’s your own (flawed) chouse to use drugs BUT boards should not have a board for discussing illegal drug use

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

BigO - you're a mong at the moment.
    Sit back, take a second to examine your posts and compare them to other peoples' posts.
    Where are you getting this attitude from?
    Do you feel the need to impress a particular image of yourself upon others to gain respect?
    Why are you typing your posts in the style of a failed Tallaght abortion which slipped through the Quality Control checks?

The topic of a Drugs board has been discussed at length many times in the past.
    So much so that I feel a gathering card should really be put together to illustrate the fact.
    Do a quick search on boards.ie for "drugs board" and see what comes up.

Bizmark - did you hit your chin with that instant kneejerk reaction?
    "Drugs" is a wide-ranging term, and I can only guess at why you have a blanket negative opinion to anything concerning drugs.

In response to the topic, "drugs" is a topic worthy of discussion on several levels but there's a time and a place for some of those levels ("most interesting object from which to fashion a bong") but boards.ie isn't really the place and there are plenty of other online discussion fora whose content would not put their admins in a legally questionable or actionable position.
    As for the other levels ("effect of anti-drugs education schemes in schools" etc.), the Humanities boards should serve that purpose well.

"Drugs" is a wide-ranging term,

i dear say he didnt mean uniflu
    and I can only guess at why you have a blanket negative opinion to anything concerning drugs

My own good reasion m8 which shall not be posted for all to see tbh

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

well if you're not willing to debate your position on this, or to explain how you came to this point of view.. why should anyone take your opinion into consideration?

it's all well and good to disagree with something, but unless you put a
    serious argument out there all you're doing is the online equivelant of sticking your tongue out at someone.

hey, why not.. i hear alot of people regularly get ****ed up on pretty strong cough syrup.

Originally posted by bizmark
    Why are you assuming he wasn't? :)

Again, knee-jerk reaction.

My own good reasion m8 which shall not be posted for all to see tbh
    That's fair enough, but this is hardly a cut 'n dry issue.
    To illustrate, I refer to a particular scene from Donnie Darko.
    Fear and Love.
    Last time I checked most people viewed life in more than 2 colours.

I'm against the creation of a drugs forum not because I believe that anyone who uses illegal substances should be pilloried and exiled from humanity, but because though it may have merit in "high-brow" type discussion, it will invariably require a hell of a lot of moderation because you'll get every naïve 14-year old kid coming on thinking it's a little utopia in which to start a thread on the best way to roll a firm two-footer, which could (and probably would) land the admins in a world of shit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Atreides

Originally posted by BigO

if blaeden anna livia fm can get a board why can't Drugs!
    considerinbg about 90% of boards people have experience

What are you basing this on, the fact that 90% of people you know have?

actually I'd imagine over 90% of irish people have had some experience with drugs..

Originally posted by Mordeth
    actually I'd imagine over 90% of irish people have had some experience with drugs..

exactly Imagine, nothing to back that up, and again would be based on the irish adults you know. And define experience, I'd believe that drugs have had an effect on the lifes of a majority of irish adults, but thats far from sayign a majority have tried recreational drugs.

• Advertisement

how many people do you know that have never touched any drugs?

caffeine, alcahol, nicotine, marijuana.. whatever.. people do more drugs than they are willing to admit

reefer-madness.jpg

:eek: WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME!!

woh.. did I miss the orgies?

weird ones? ****!

how many people do you know that have never touched any drugs?

caffeine, alcahol, nicotine, marijuana.. whatever.. people do more drugs than they are willing to admit

Well i doubt he was talking about the first three, as for the manijuana and the whatever, quiet afew actually, certain more then 1 in 10 people i know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭BigO

so its settled we are getting a board for drugs!

thnk you admin!

windowlicker?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

I'd agree with Syx. It would only be a matter of time until little johny reads about the most effective waterfall techniques, tries them out and gets nabbed. Little johny then explains how he learnt all this crazy evil stuff off an irish internet site. Fast forward two years to the admins being sentanced to 15 years and recieving death threats. It'd be bound to all end in tears.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Have to say that a lot of addled minds have come on to boards lately, and to be honest this is the most ridiculous thing ive ever heard of

Stay off the drugs for a month, get whatever is left of your mind to gether and think about what your asking the admins to do, first off every stoner, user and trafficker would be on this new board, looking for either

1) Where to Score

2) Best technique ETC ETC.

And as moriarty pointed out little jonny is also out there as well.

As far as im concerned each to there own, no skin off my nose whether anyone takes drugs, there choice to wreck there minds and health, but as for a board to promote this stuff thats just plain wrong and should not even be considered

Shin

As far as im concerned each to there own, no skin off my nose whether anyone takes drugs, there choice to wreck there minds and health, but as for a board to promote this stuff thats just plain wrong and should not even be considered

agreed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

1. Please do a search on the F/S forum for "drugs" we've already taken legal advice on this and the legal advice was "we dont want to be your lawyers anymore".

2. Any *forum* which was perceived as encouraging or *potentially* encouraging the discussion of *how* to use of drugs or assistance in breaking the law would lead us into trouble. Right now, it could end Boards.ie as we know it. No Joke.

3. Those rules are supposed to be changing but they havent yet.

4. I completely support the discussion of drugs usage, I'm just not willing to risk everything we've built here so some stoner can tell us how high he is and how you can get just as high as he is.

6. Where did 5 go?

7. Anyone who doesnt think that alcohol is a drug is a moron. Its just not an illegal drug. It kills thousands every year.

8. It might be a good debating topic. We have one just about to start though which is more timely and the "drugs" topic isnt about to go away any time soon.

5. Ah there it is.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

well if it its a legal thing thats grand i jus thought it may enrich this community,
    maybe in a few years!

btw i don't actually drink :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

You keep mentioning the debating thing all the time...I was all set for the last one, even had a good bit written up but it never happened.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Santa ate my time. I'm about to pick the teams in the next 24-48 hours, if you are still interested please put your name forward again. It will happen this time.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Originally posted by SyxPak

In response to the topic, "drugs" is a topic worthy of discussion on several levels but there's a time and a place for some of those levels ("most interesting object from which to fashion a bong") but boards.ie isn't really the place and there are plenty of other online discussion fora whose content would not put their admins in a legally questionable or actionable position.
    As for the other levels ("effect of anti-drugs education schemes in schools" etc.), the Humanities boards should serve that purpose well.

A golf Club.

Also, all this Anti drugs malarky. TBH, its as hot an issue as abortion. Its your body, and you should be able to use or abuse it as you see fit.
    Now educating Kids about them having a choice is what i would prefer to hear,but anti drugs,anti alcohol,anti smoking are all topics that are shunned in todays society, why not talk about people having a voice and saying no to Sex offenders,Priests,speeding (A big issue in many a metroplois) etc.

i dont really know where im going with this. Bloody Headaches.

/me goes back to popping a spot.

The question (afaiacs) is one of interaction between two people or just one.

Smoking hurts those around you. In my opinion you shouldnt be allowed hurt those around you, particularly if they have little or no choice about being there (work place etc).

Alcohol (and other mind altering substances) affect you alone but the argument I can see is that they also damage "society" by having drunk/affected drivers, violence (for alcohol particularly), theft (to feed the likes of Heroin addiction), mental and physical health problems (lets face it, they arent packed with Vitamin C!).

Either way, this has come up before and was answered then. The law hasnt changed so the answer hasnt changed :(

DeV.

Originally posted by DeVore
    The question (afaiacs) is one of interaction between two people or just one.

Smoking hurts those around you. In my opinion you shouldnt be allowed hurt those around you, particularly if they have little or no choice about being there (work place etc).

Alcohol (and other mind altering substances) affect you alone but the argument I can see is that they also damage "society" by having drunk/affected drivers, violence (for alcohol particularly), theft (to feed the likes of Heroin addiction), mental and physical health problems (lets face it, they arent packed with Vitamin C!).

Either way, this has come up before and was answered then. The law hasnt changed so the answer hasnt changed :(

DeV.

Sorry I'm nearly positive I'm miss reading this, but are your suggested that because smoking harms not only the user but also those around the user its is more dangerous then Alcohol?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

I think figures show its more like 40% in relation to illicit drugs. Im pretty sure i saw near enough that figure in the last report on it in the papers. I could have just made that up though.

The second and third posts in this thread make me laugh though.

DRUGS WILL KILL U NO MATTER WAT!!

DRUGS ARE MEGA COOL!!!

Originally posted by Skanger
    Sorry I'm nearly positive I'm miss reading this, but are your suggested that because smoking harms not only the user but also those around the user its is more dangerous then Alcohol?

No. You are miss-reading me.

What I'm saying is I dont really care what you do to yourself. If what you do causes others harm then I think you should be stopped from doing it. In extremis I'll stop you if neccessary, myself.

My view is, do what you like to yourself so long as in doing it you dont seriously harm others. Smoke your f*ckin' lungs out in your own home but if you are a Kindergarten Nanny you shouldnt be puffing 60 a day!

btw, I smoke fairly regularly.

DeV.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by DeVore
    No. You are miss-reading me.

What I'm saying is I dont really care what you do to yourself. If what you do causes others harm then I think you should be stopped from doing it. In extremis I'll stop you if neccessary, myself.

My view is, do what you like to yourself so long as in doing it you dont seriously harm others. Smoke your f*ckin' lungs out in your own home but if you are a Kindergarten Nanny you shouldnt be puffing 60 a day!

btw, I smoke fairly regularly.

DeV.

I think I did read you correctly. Your first comment has some very milatant overtones in it. what do you mean by stop you myself? Drugs abuse in middle class society has a very different effect to drug abuse in more disadvanaged area's.

Advertisement