Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTP on XpHome

Options
  • 08-03-2004 3:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭

I have 2@xp home & 1@98 pcs on my lan and I would like to be able to transfer file between them using ftp.
    my thinking is that this way will be the quickest.
    or is it?

anyone any ideas of getting ftp through cmdPrompt to work? i used it before to deicated ftp servers but how to start this up in xp home ????

any suggestions welcome.

TIA
    .Aaron

I know this is only extra hassle then using windows explorer but i'd like to get it to work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

http://filezilla.sourceforge.net/

Client and server :)

As an alternative server: WarFTPd
    As an alternative clinet: LeechFTP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Connecting the two with a crossover cable and sharing out the directories would probably be easier.

If you want to go the FTP route, I think GuildFTPd is decent enough as a server and WS FTP as a client.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

I know i'm making work for myself but was just interested in getting the fTP solution to work.
    I know how to do it with XP Pro but thats a different story.

cheers
    .Aaron

Advertisement