Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway lan update

Options
  • 13-05-2001 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭

Right..so we have
    SyxPak
    Kharn
    Mikill
    doodee
    Angel Wh0re
    neoslicers
    Jaden
    Sutty (I think)
    Demeantor
    Thrax
    Taz
    Drake
    Diabolus
    Dio (+ 2/3 friends?)
    Kayos too?
    Trojan
    #MEAT#
    Volvagia(i think)
    hellknight2k (i think)
    and the possabiltity of 3 more if they can get computers and Dates that suit them,
    We could use one room but we would need a HUB,thats the most important thing, so if we could get nethouse,netshop or some other company. Also the room isnt for definite, One course might be finishing in June however if it doesnt I'll have to ask the administrators permision.Also the room rate may go up as my dad gave me the wrong price, I'll try and get it for £40 but he might be asking for £50-£60 so..... Also he doesnt want it going on all night.Also there has been talk that if we book the rooms for 2 days no1 can be in the room during the night and If the computers are left in the room over night then we will also have to pay Insurance to cover the rooms for the 2 days, so £5 per person it could be more....
    Also I have just been told that the likly hood of us being able to use the monitors,mice and keyboards is a very slim chance, thats according to my dad, however I will talk to the guy who owns them and see if I can rent them off him for the days.
    so for the time being Pray and live in hope as everything at the moment is seeming like an uncertanty.
    Stay tuned as I will have most-all of the information by the end of this week.

Also: hows about Weeg-Tober_Fest as a name.
    Like scotchtoberfest but for us galwegians

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

this is one of the rare times in my life when I actually pray

thrax

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Put me down as a possible, if Q3 or QW are to be played smile.gif

I might even try those gay games like CS...

Rob.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">"There are Britney people and non-Britney people." - Britney Spears
    </font>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

oh boy oh boy i can't wait for some fraging

heres the games we might play at the lan
    quakeworld q2 q3\teamArena l33tforce Soldier of Fortune aoe2 black&white DOOM Legacy cs unreal tournament tribes 2 and any games that u might have in your hard drives.

p.s if u don't have doom legacy u can d/l it here
    u need doom2 or final doom or Ultimate-doom
    wads to make it work. it has gl and dx.8
    and also an easy multiplayer setup.
    sounds good? d/l it

http://www.newdoom.com/doomlegacy/

i forgot this in the last reply

quake }|{ arena mods:
    corkscrew, Q3Pong, gridiron,

HL mods:
    cs<=duh!, tfc, arg, opposing force

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Doodee - can you please email me - some of us have been working behind the scenes to get a LAN organised. The only reason we didn't make it public is because we didn't have a defininte room yet.

It's cool to see someone making a go of it, so if you send me your email address, I'll include you in what we've got to date and we can work from there.

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    So I turned around to Jack Charlton and said: "Well of course it's not a football Jack, it's an '86 Chardonay!!!"
    [honey i] violated [the kids]
    Tribes 2 Goodness
    The Dawn of the Beefy King approaches...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

If you're considering going to a LAN, you'll need a network card and cable. Check my topic on the FOR SALE forum for one.

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.
    Mail: jaden@eircom.net

Advertisement