Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could Gombin Cast light on this?

• 08-03-2004 1:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭

Carrickmacross, Co. Monaghan.

New Gov Broadband site says DSL is available there.

Eircom and Esats Line checker are saying my line is passing. However 3 weeks ago I rang both crowds many many times only to be told line failed and they couldnt see why. I did get one call from eircom saying my line was 90% and would I like BB but I had just applied to Esat at this stage. Bah Im getting sick just typing about the sorry mess :). So ill skip it.

Could all that messing have been in vain in the first place as mabye the Exchange is not enabled at all?. UTVs line checker is saying theres no DSL in that exchange nor is Eircoms Map thingy.
    Is Eircoms line checker proof that the exchange is enabled?.

Id just like to get it straight before I tackle the phones again.

Furez

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,095 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I don't reckon that UTV has updated the database supplied by Eircom. I did a check on UTV about three weeks ago after checking the Eircom and Esat sites for line suitability. Both had "Pass". Utv's said "Fail". I've now got IOLBB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭gombín

Exchange has bben upgraded, but hasn't been launched yet. Will let you know when done.

Dea-mhéin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭Furez

Thankee very much.

Furez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

That's good news indeed Gombin. After bumping into Furez recently, and hearing that the exchange had been upgraded, I excitedly rang Eircom to get my line checked. The biddy told me she couldn't check it because the exchange hadnt been upgraded yet.

"Oh", I said, "I was under the impression that it had been upgraded"

"Well", she says, "maybe it's been upgraded but there isn't any availability left. Let me check on that"

"Ok"

<You wait, time passes>

"No", says the biddy, "that exchange hasn't been upgraded yet"

A dejected me asks, "Can you tell me when it's due for upgrade?"

"It says here, the end of March....."

"Oh that's not so bad"

"...2005"

:eek: "Thanks" :rolleyes: *hangs up*

I'll steer clear of Biddies for the time being, and follow the news here on boards instead.

Furez, will ya send me a pm or gimme a bell when you hear anything more concrete, mate?

Hiya Tze.
    I Gave them a ring last Friday. I got bumped from one biddy to the next, the third one told me that all the ports in the exchange were used up and Id have to wait till more were available. I informed her that the exchange seemed to have just been upgraded and that there seemed to have been no publicity regarding a launch. How could all the ports be full?. Hmm says she, Ill put you through to Marketing... Answering machine.

So I guess thats that Ill just wait for Gombins Exghanges enabled xx/xx/xxxx post.
    Surely it cant take a year to launch an enabled exchange?

By the way Are you on Anytime? Is it engaged all the time for you too?

Furez

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

Looks like we just gotta sit tight, so. :dunno:

Can't help ya with the Anytime, I'm on UTVipXL. Good luck getting it sorted.

Got another call from Eircon offering BB again today but I was at work. Gist of message was that BB was available and will ring again. I dunno Am I looking for broadband or leprechauns?

Furez

Was conctated again today. Modem on the way.. they say. Was told Carrick was just enabled last week.

Furez

Advertisement