Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Good* Seafood restaurant in Dublin?

• 08-03-2004 1:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a REALLY good seafood restaurant in the Dublin area so was wondering if anyone could recommend anywhere?

The Kish in Dalkey ( link ) is supposedly very good but I was there just after christmas and thought it was overpriceed and just not that good to be honest.

Same goes for The Guinea Pig is Dalkey - It just wasn't as good as I thought it would be.

Aqua in Howth was excellent but i don't really want to back to the same place.

Any other recommendations?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mazza

The King Sitric in Howth (http://www.kingsitric.ie/) has a great reputation for seafood going back years. I saw a review of it somewhere quite recently (Irish Times mag within about the last year maybe?) and it was very positive.

It is a little bit old-fashioned and not very cool (if you care!). I haven't eaten there myself, but have heard good reports. It is pricey, but I know they have Early Bird specials and special value 30-euro-a-head type offers if you check.

I've heard negative reports about Aqua of late - too much cash for too ordinary food.

Enjoy, wherever you end up! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Thanks Mazza.

Been to King Sitric's too!
    Thanks for the info, I may have to go further afield (maybe to Wexford or something) or else I might just blow a hole in my wallet and go to The Lobster Pot.

Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,529 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Does it have to be a restaurant?

BIM (Bord Iascaigh Mahara) has a BIM Seafood Circle, which they award to pubs for quality seafood.. Not too many in Dublin, but you might find something you like..

Here's the list.

Dublin pubs listed:
    The Brewery Bar
    Guinness Storehouse, Market Street, James' Gate, Dublin 8

IN
    115-116 Colimore Road, Dalkey, Co. Dublin

Johnnie Fox's
    Glencullen, Co. Dublin

The Purty Kitchen
    Old Dun Leary Road, Monkstown, Co. Dublin

The Queens Bar & Restaurants
    12 Castle Street, Dalkey, Co. Dublin

Wright's Angler's Rest
    Knockmaroon Hill, Chapelizod, Dublin 20

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Also worth a try is Brasserie Na Mara in Dun Laoghaire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Johnny Fox's muscles were good. havent been there in yonks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Sleipnir :
    if you liked aqua in howth,try bà mizu in dublin city centre. Its right inside powerscourt shopping centre,
    the guy who owns aqua also owns ba mizu,i know coz im a barman there :p

Advertisement