Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows OEM re-install

Options
  • 08-03-2004 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭

Hello all,
    Hopefully someone might be able to help me. I had a problem with this a while back.
    Basically I have an OEM Windows XP installation, however I have not got the reload disc from Time Computers, who I purchased my PC from. The operating system is held on a hidden partition of the hard drive. Normally, you need this reload CD from Time computers to reset the computer and re-install windows. I, however, cannot find the disk. Is there anything I can do to access the hidden partition. I seem to remember accessing the Reload disc once before, and I am nearly sure the name Norton Ghost Disc appeared on-screen. I presume all OEM copies of XP come this way.

Can anyone help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Instead of TIME giving you the install CD they created a Norton Ghost image or clone of the OS when it was first installed, get your self Norton Ghost boot from folppy and you should be able to reinstall the OS.

Thanks joePC

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Is1ldur

Can I just download that somewhere? I had a quick look around google, but no cigar....

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Is1ldur

Ok, I found the disk, thank God....

Advertisement