Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q3A Configuration Query

Options
  • 16-05-2001 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

Hello Quakers...

I don't normally post here, but there's a problem in Quake III Arena for me which drives me barmy...

Every time I play Q3A it remembers most of my settings, but every time, it swaps the mouse buttons and I have to go into the settings (twice usually) and switch them back.

i.e.: I use the LMB for jump and RMB for fire (I'm left handed) and it swaps those functions every time I launch Q3A. Is there something I can do about this to stop it doing that?

I'm running with point release 1.17 - should I upgrade to get around this apparent bug?

Bard
    "If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Overlord

Bard, when you have yuor settings sorted type /writeconfig <configname>
    in the console. This saves your config for future use. Just exec it to play

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I upgraded to 1.27g anyway and it's now remembering my settings properly, but I'll use the writeconfig anyway (in case I need to reinstall I guess)... Thanks Overlord!

Jayz... I'm fairly new to a lot of Quake stuff, even tho' I've been playing it on and off since it came out...

Next I'll be getting myself in a "clan" and playing in "tourneys"... nahhhh smile.gif

(That'd require flat rate Internet anyway...)

Bard
    "If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished."

Advertisement