Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

courier tips?

Options
  • 08-03-2004 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

Hi!

I've got one question, when you order something, and use DHL or some other company to deliver it with a courier, and you pay 20-25 euros for delivery to DHL or some other company, do you pay tips to the courier/the driver who delivers the parcel and how much?

I got something today, and when i went out i didn't have any money or anything, and was just wondering if you pay? I know this is kinda silly question, you pay tips for pizza delivery but i dunno about DHL and other delivery companies

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Specky

only if he gives you a free pizza as well...

No, you don't generally tip couriers but if I were a courier I'm sure I'd be quite happy to get a little prezzy now and then. We're served by probably about 5 different courier companies, the drivers swap and change a little but there would be one or two of them who've really done me favours in tha past. For those people we generally give them something at Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

Same as last post. Tips to couriers isn't the norm but if you get to know one due to regular deliveries a Christmas gift is a good and generous thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,422 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Tips are for personal service (e.g. table service instead of counter service), if the courier provides you with a service over and above the usual, then something might be appropriate.

Advertisement