Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Provider for National Mobiles (€200 bill per month)

Options
  • 08-03-2004 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭

Hi we are currently with eircom and we are spending in excess of €100 a month to mobiles with the total bill coming in around €450 (for 2 months) including national calls and dialup internet.

Any suggestions or any idea how much one could save with the different offerings.

Also - we don't want to have to dial a prefix before numbers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

I'd start by making mobile-to-mobile calls on the same network. Landline-to-mobile is a complete rip off

Check the likes of UTV and ESAT for their flat-rate internet access packages.

UTV guarantee to be cheaper than Eircom. You can switch provider without undue paperwork and no 'prefix' dialling or additional hardware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

There's so much choice out there and it's very hard to determine true saving if you've got one of the Eircom choices accounts because the competitors give their headline savings against standard Eircom rates but I suggest you should at least go for a flat rate internet account and analyse why so many calls are needed from land line to mobile. Perhaps some text messaging could be used instead or get sims for each of the networks you need to ring. I've saved about 15 per month simply getting a meteor sim to call a specific number I ring quite a lot. 9c per minute peak meteor to meteor V 32c per minute o2 to meteor. Simple things like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Why not get a Vodafone/O2 bill phone for the office, even better, get both...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

I was about to post a similar query when I saw that Stan had started this thread.

We are currently getting bills of €200+ per month. Calls are broadly divided into national, mobile, cross-channel and international (very few local)

Although we pay Eircom for the line rental all calls are through UTV, so I'm looking for a more competitive rate than theirs.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭bazooka

Hi

Both O2 and vodafone offer a service which adds a line to your office telephone system, essential it uses an analogue port from your phone system that acts as an external line, allowing you to make mobile to mobile calls from yuo phone system.

The setup also involves a small box from either subscriber that sits in the office with a sim card in it thats always on the gsm system...not sure of current pricing but its the only way to go if you are getting anything over €100 a month specifically on landline to mobile calls

here is a link to 02's info about the service...

only thing is that you might have to have both an O2/Vodafone box on the system depending on how many calls you were making to each network

• Advertisement
Advertisement