Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[merged] Celtic vs Rangrs in cup

• 08-03-2004 10:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

showed why they are the team to beat at the moment in the SPL.
    as always a good old firm game, with a cracking goal to seal it.

see, always a magnanamous loser :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Harry2001

Celtic dominant alright - what's going on at Rangers is it just the loss of players?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan
    showed why they are the team to beat at the moment in the SPL.

Or team that cant be beaten.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Great to see them beat rangers yet again, however that success to be translated into the uefa cup or CL

Celtic imo are a good bet for the UEFA cup this year. roll on barca
    they have to replace larson next year though and how long will
    Martin o'Neill stay?

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by Harry2001
    Celtic dominant alright - what's going on at Rangers is it just the loss of players?
    I don't think some of the Rangers players are as committed to the jersey as the Celtic players are. That is the way I see it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Good game yesterday and congrats to Celtic . IMO Laarson is the main reason for celtics success he is a top quality striker and It will be very interesting to see how they do if he leaves at the end of the season. I believe Celtic will find it difficult to replace him with a striker of equaly quality and commitment to the Club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

Originally posted by Harry2001

no heart, no one that plays for the jersey anymore (they just play for wages, dont care about the team..)

they also lack scottish players like barry ferguson who can take a commanding role in midfield, artera is a okish player but if you notice he never performs during old firms..

great to see rangers play so bad when you grew up in the era of "sack the board" and "always look on the bright side of life"

they were lucky to get 1 shot on target in the dying minutes, celtic are dominating, fantastico

g'wan the hoops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭lynchie

Good game yesterday.. atmosphere was great... Everyone singing 'we're all off to sunny spain' after the final whistle was great! Rangers are not really playing as a team at the moment and until they get themselves in order there could be many more Celtic old firm wins in the next few years.

Plus one of my mates won £6000 in the half time draw (I should have bought my ticket after him!) - looks like he'll be going to barca now in two weeks time :) Roll on Thursday night...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by jank
    they have to replace larson next year though
    I don't think he will be replaced for a long, long time, if ever. Players like Larsson don't grow on tree's and the club has little to no spending money to buy players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭Michelangelo

I agree. Celtic are fooked after this season, not in terms of they will not win the league ever again but in terms of getting someone as good as Larsson.

I reckon O'Neil will be gone this summer to either a foreign team or a premiership team.

If they beat Barca, you can bet your house O'Neil will be swooped up by some top team in the summer. He is such a top manager.

Well done Celtic.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭lad12

I have to say that the football in the match yesterday was terrible..and this is not coming from a "sick" rangers fan after we were bet...neither team could hold the ball up without giving it away...and the wining goal was sloppy...The SPL would be like our league over here only for the hatred between celtic and rangers..if you look at each of the players in the celtic team, most of them have failed in the premiership.like look at sutton...a star in the spl, worst buy ever for chelski...and the same can be said about the rangers team aswell..

• Advertisement

There is already a thread on this match.

BTW - The player who got MOM would have no problem fitting into any premiership club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Well Derby games are never renowned for shows of great football, it's more about getting stuck in and grinding out a result, which Celtic done, YET AGAIN!!

Go on the HOOPS:D

so...im a Rangers fan...special treatment and all that...who larsson..yeah he would be a squad player..probably score 10 premier league goals a season..how many goals has hartson got this season..he barely scored 5 goals in the premier league when he played there...

Originally posted by lad12
    who larsson
    No Larsson didn't get MOM. The one and only Bobo Balde did. I have no doubt you will slag him off as most of the anti-Celtic fans do.

Eh no most f*****g games are like that up there.. but we will see on thurs nite what they are really made of!!like if rangers and celtic were in the premiership they would only finish mid table..Leeds utd who are bottom, had there best eleven against celtics best eleven, i'd fancy leeds all the way..

He was a good buy for the amount of money yee paid for him(or if he was a free transfer, not sure) but he is no johnny woodgate or john terry...like id love to see him marking henry or mutu...then ya would see what he is made of..i suppose when he plays against ronnie on thurs nite, it will give some indication as to what he is really like..

like id love to see him marking henry or mutu
    He has played against the best already. Trezeguet, Del Piero, Salas, Makaay, Owen, van Nistlerooy and many more I can't think of and that is only the forwards.

Eh no most f*****g games are like that up there.. but we will see on thurs nite what they are really made of!!like if rangers and celtic were in the premiership they would only finish mid table..Leeds utd who are bottom, had there best eleven against celtics best eleven, i'd fancy leeds all the way..

Well they beat Liverpool and Blackburn last season!!!

Yeah he may played against ur list

"Trezeguet, Del Piero, Salas, Makaay, Owen, van Nistlerooy and many more I can't think of and that is only the forwards."

But he never got MoM in them matches...like he is alrite but he aint the best at defending...too clumsy...if he was this great defender that your making him out to be, would he be playing in the ****ty SPL...Dont think so pal

Your having a laugh about Liverpool aint ya??Liverpool have been the luckiest team in the last 4 seasons....but there luck has just ran out...

• Advertisement

most of them have failed in the premiership.like look at sutton...a star in the spl, worst buy ever for chelski

The Sutton Shearer partnership at Blacburn was one of the mos prolific in the premiership whose goals won Blackburn the title. Before his move to blacburn he had the mighty Norwich challenging for the league title with his goals. Ok things didn,t go well for him at chelski but he is not alone in that. Hardly a failure in the prem IMO al be it a long time ago now.

Your having a laugh about Liverpool aint ya??Liverpool have been the luckiest team in the last 4 seasons....but there luck has just ran out...

Look lad if you can't see that Celtic are a great team who went unbeaten at home in the Champions league and beat Liverpool and Blackburn last season then your just being ignorant.

Yeah his time at blackburn was helped because he was playing with shearer...who moved to newcastle for 15 million pounds and is STILL banging in the goals at Newcastle...The "Great" Sutton moved to chelski for 10 million pounds and was a disaster..and he was playing in a gud chelski team at the time...he moves to the SPL and he makes him self lokk like he is as good as any forward on the planet..and he aint..its just the opposition is nearly as bad as the eircom league ere

Yeah his time at blackburn was helped because he was playing with shearer...who moved to newcastle for 15 million pounds and is STILL banging in the goals at Newcastle...The "Great" Sutton moved to chelski for 10 million pounds and was a disaster..and he was playing in a gud chelski team at the time...he moves to the SPL and he makes him self lokk like he is as good as any forward on the planet..and he aint..its just the opposition is nearly as bad as the eircom league ere

Did you ever see him playing for Norwich or Blackburn?

Yes...and yes he was gud..but who was his partner in crime???

I ask you did you see him play at chelski??

Yes...and yes he was gud..but who was his partner in crime???

I ask you did you see him play at chelski??

Yep sure did and as i said things didn't work out for him there, that doesn,t alter the fact that he scored over 20 goal for Blackburn in their championship winning season which does not constitute failure in my mind.

Originally posted by irish1
    Look lad if you can't see that Celtic are a great team who went unbeaten at home in the Champions league and beat Liverpool and Blackburn last season then your just being ignorant.

Ahh ignoring my comment Lad??

Well actually i'd have to disagree with you saying that
    "You seen him play for chelski"

Cos the waster rarely got his game all through that season...he spent most of it on the bench..

"Things didnt work out for him there"
    > He just got found out!!

No i missed it...Yeah Liverpool as i said before are muck..Blackburn aint much better adn dats when dey had Duffer.....wat teams did yee play in the champs. league that season??

• Advertisement

But he never got MoM in them matches
    ow many times has Terry or Woodgate got MOM against the players above? IMO it is about 3 times harder for a centre half to get MOM compared to a striker. There is 22 people on a pitch and not a lot of defenders would come out with the MOM award ahead of so many world class midfielders and forwards.

He did not get the MOM against Valencia (when he was marking Carew) but IMO definitely deserved it.
    too clumsy
    My arse.

He just got found out!!
    The same way keane did when he moved to Inter. :rolleyes:
    wat teams did yee play in the champs. league that season??
    As far as i remember we were knocked out of the qualifying round by Basle who then came second in there group and in the second round group they beat Juve and Deportivo.

He is too clumsy...big and stupid...huffs the ball up field the whole time...im not a chelski or newcastle fan so im not sure how many Mom's dey have won...but you have to admit they are far better defenders then him

No i missed it...Yeah Liverpool as i said before are muck..Blackburn aint much better adn dats when dey had Duffer.....wat teams did yee play in the champs. league that season??

But you said leeds who are near the bottom would beat them, however Liverpool who are 7th, I think , were beaten by celtic.

Your not talking much sense now are you??

No Robbie didnt get found out when he moved...the manager that brought him to italy got sacked after 2 or 3 matches..the new manager didnt like keane and dat was the end of him...but id just like to say RESPECT to robbie after i saw a picture of his buurd in the papers today...

Yes i said Leeds best eleven against Celtics best eleven and Leeds would win...i made this comment after i sat thru 93 mins of pain yesterday...watching dat sh**e football that them two teams produced

• Advertisement

Yes i said Leeds best eleven against Celtics best eleven and Leeds would win...i made this comment after i sat thru 93 mins of pain yesterday...watching dat sh**e football that them two teams produced

Thats one game in a derby, not exactly a form guide now is it??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

*sigh* not every old firm game can be a 4-4 draw can it lad12? Just cos a game is tight, and teams are not giving much away it does not mean its a bad game. If you want high scores and 'razzmataz' maybe basketballl or american football would be better sports for you :)

Both teams have a significant injury list (celtics 2nd, 3rd and 4th strikers for example) and it was make or break for Rangers entire season. Add to that, like all derbys the fact the teams know everything about each other - if the similar circumstances were in north london derby, manchester derby or even a madrid derby it would be a tight game..

Celtic showed last season they can beat top english teams in games that mean something beating Liverpool and Blackburn in the uefa cup so your leeds comment is waffle..

Yes but it Did involve the best 2 teams in that league...and it was the worst football ever...like im not complaining that it was a low scoring game because when you take utd and arsenal in the premiership the mathes are normally lowing scoring but at least ya can sit back and enjoy the quality of the football..yesterday was like i watching pat's against boh's..

Like come on they cud barely string 3 passes or more together...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

like he is alrite but he aint the best at defending...too clumsy...if he was this great defender that your making him out to be, would he be playing in the ****ty SPL...Dont think so pal

ha, excuse you, bobo balde is THE greatest defender in the world imo at the minute. your talking about DEFENDING here, he cannot be matched.

now his weakness is his passing and possesion game. he just hoofs the ball forward with backspin, dreadful passer, if he'd keep it simple and tidy he'd be world class.

but as a defender he's the best in the world. i guarantee you couldn't find find me a stronger centre half in the world. he's the bravest player ive ever seen and will even literally go through players to get the ball, even his own players!!

larsson is class, i'll admit he wouldnt be 20+ in the premierleague in an average team but he'd be close to it. in arsenal, manu or chelsea he would be 20+. what rangers would do for a solid goalscorer.

answer this, if the SPL is so "****ty", why cant rangers score goals and hammer all the small clubs? selling amoruso and ferguson was the biggest mistake rangers will ever make.

He is too clumsy...big and stupid...huffs the ball up field the whole time...im not a chelski or newcastle fan so im not sure how many Mom's dey have won...but you have to admit they are far better defenders then him
    "clumsy"
    When people see a big player, that is the first thing that comes into many people's heads.

"big"
    He is 6ft 3 and 13.06 stone. Woodgate is 6ft and 13.03 stone. I'd prefer someone of Balde's size for a centre half.

"stupid"
    wasn't your idol, woodgate, in court for something I would call being stupid?

"huffs the ball up field the whole time"
    He doesn't hoof the ball any more than Rio Ferdinand or the like. In fact, Balde tries to do too much. If he is under pressure and there is nobody to "huff" it to he would try to take it around other players and then pass.

"but you have to admit they are far better defenders then him"
    I have said so many times that I believe Balde is as good as any defender in the premiership.

• Advertisement

Wake up woud ya...or are you riding the lad...Woddy brings the play out from the back, just like terry...celtics game is the long ball anyways...long ball to hartson or sutton to flick on larsson...thats it...

Wake up woud ya
    Listening to some of the stuff you are saying I seriously don't know how you can make that comment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

opposition is nearly as bad as the eircom league ere

why you knocking the eircom league ok their not arsenal but hell the standard has gone up a fair bit in the last few seasons and i for one will make an effort to attend matches this season
    com 'on the city!!!

Wake up woud ya...or are you riding the lad...Woddy brings the play out from the back, just like terry...celtics game is the long ball anyways...long ball to hartson or sutton to flick on larsson...thats it...

Well it's winning them games aint it, maybe Rangers could try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭bribren2001

where is liam miller, i havent seen him play since celtic got knocked out of the champions league-he wasnt there yesterday either against rangers:dunno:

Originally posted by bribren2001
    where is liam miller, i havent seen him play since celtic got knocked out of the champions league-he wasnt there yesterday either against rangers:dunno:
    He's injured since he signed for United, we'll definitely see him in a Celtic jerseysoon though.

injured...and even when he returns he WONT be picked after what he did to celtic...yet another Hungry C*nt

injured...and even when he returns he WONT be picked after what he did to celtic...yet another Hungry C*nt
    i guarantee you he will be picked.

yet another Hungry C*nt

Would you blaim him for joining one of the best clubs in the world in one of the best leagues in the world, I certainly don't hold anything against him, other than he should have allowed Celtic to sell him and get some transfer funds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

what about barry ferguson?! bigger, better team come in and wham..... he's gone in a flash. some loyalty shown their from the club captain. he even said he didnt want to play for rangers anymore once he knew english clubs were interested.

miller is a celtic fan and said he loves celtic and only a bid from manu would take him away from paradise, hardly a gold-digger.

• Advertisement
Advertisement