Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

old skool consol

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Originally posted by combs
    From that list, only Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Super Mario 64 are worth the console

Are you telling me you don't think it's worth paying under a tenner[/u] for an N64 to see if you might enjoy some of the games available for it? And you're trying to convince us you're a gaming fan? [Just FYI, I didn't

And I still can't understand the respect for the N64.

I played games on it and I had fun. That's why I play games, funnily enough. The N64 therefore fulfilled my requirements in a console. Thus it earned my respect. I can't understand the chip you carry on your shoulder for the N64. Maybe you felt burned by the lack of support it got - I can empathise, I was an early adopter and felt betrayed by Nintendo and 'THE's apparent lack of interest in the European fans. But I still have fond memories of the good games that did reach me.

It's no-one's loss but yours if you don't enjoy the games I posted previously. There's 20 games (I forgot Space Station Silicon Valley) that I had a hell of a lot of fun playing, often return to, and think the original poster will probably enjoy. Regardless of whether there are better games on other systems, I like these ones. I'll play the 'better' ones as well. As I mentioned earlier, you could easily pick up the lot for well under €100.

Ferdi, I heartily recommend you scour Ebay for an N64 and some of the titles I mentioned. I doubt you'll be very disappointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Here here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭combs

Originally posted by Sico
    As I mentioned earlier, you could easily pick up the lot for well under €100.
    And that money could be much better spent on a different old console. That was the whole point of this thread; "Which console should I buy?" It wasn't called "The rose-tinted N64 appreciation thread."
    Ferdi, I heartily recommend you scour Ebay for an N64 and some of the titles I mentioned. I doubt you'll be very disappointed.
    Only mildly disappointed. Scour eBay for SNES or Dreamcast stuff instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

It's also not the "N64 is crap" thread, combs, so drop it please.

What do you mean "drop it?" I didn't realize these were discussion-free message boards! The mods around here sound like bouncers outside a cheap night club. "Drop it!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

There are no crap consoles. There are always quality games for each, its just some have more than others. The N64 suffered from lack of support but still had numerous great games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

What do you mean "drop it?" I didn't realize these were discussion-free message boards! The mods around here sound like bouncers outside a cheap night club. "Drop it!"

are you blind AND stupid? this isnt the thread for that topic. if you want you could always start a new one.

Originally posted by our man in moscow
    are you blind AND stupid? this isnt the thread for that topic. if you want you could always start a new one.
    Oh, look! I'm being flamed by another moderator.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

back on topic, you could always get an xbox, mod it and run whatever old skool emu`s you want :)

Advertisement