Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

*Possible Spoiler* ANOTHER WWE MAIN EVENTER MAY BE DONE AFTER WRESTLEMANIA *Spoiler*

• 08-03-2004 7:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭

you can read it here
    but this is what it says...

<<<BE WARNED POSSIBLE SPOILER>>>

ANOTHER WWE MAIN EVENTER MAY BE DONE AFTER WRESTLEMANIA
    by Dave Scherer @ 9:45:02 AM on 3/8/2004

There's a shakeup going on involving Brock Lesnar, and Bill Goldberg may not be the only WWE superstar who could have his last match for the foreseeable future at WrestleMania. According to numerous sources, both wrestlers and a few friends of Lesnar's outside the wrestling business, Brock has not been a happy man backstage lately. Lesnar is said to be very upset that he had to fly all the way to South Africa "just to wrestle Hardcore Holly" instead of being used in a higher profile match on the tour. Lesnar, who has a long term deal with WWE (said to be seven years long), reportedly doesn't feel he is being protected properly for the long term by the promotion.

Lesnar was also said to be upset that he was programmed to wrestle Undertaker after WrestleMania. Lesnar doesn't feel, since he is supposed to be a long term money player for the company, that he should be "fed to the Deadman." Lesnar is not alone in his feeling there either, as a lot of Smackdown wrestlers hate the fact Taker is coming back in his old persona since it means that he doesn't have to sell for people anymore (due to the nature of the character). There was already a concern among many Smackdown workers that Taker gets too big of a push for an aging talent when the brand is in dire need of pushing new, young workers at the top of the cards. He is viewed by many on the Smackdown roster as "our HHH", in that he beats everyone, is always pushed at the top and has a huge amount of power backstage. Taker's calling of his pay per view match with John Cena, where Taker, as described by one Smackdown wrestler, "gobbled up Cena like Cena was a job boy" has wrestlers upset and concerned about his return.

Lesnar and McMahon apparently had a very tense discussion last week and Lesnar has told a few other wrestlers he might just take some time off after WrestleMania to cool down. According to one wrestler Lesnar considers a friend, "even with his own airplane, the travel is burning him out, and this South Africa trip was handled all wrong."

As of right now, the company is not making any post Mania plans for Lesnar. I have been told the company has removed Lesnar's name from all voiceovers on upcoming shows after Mania but he is scheduled to work on the UK tour later this month since he was previously advertised on it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭jesusjones

I cannot believe Lesnar would walk out like that In his poistion.Although I do share concerns about the Taker situation when he returns.We better watch this space shall we!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

what does the piece mean by saying undertaker doesnt have to sell to anyone anymore??

and are they all feeling that if they fight undertaker they'll lose

Flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

The whole dead man thing is that he feels no pain. Hence the old school , knock him down and he sits right back up thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

very very Strange is this i must admit, i cant believe mcmahon would let lesnar take any length of time off even if lesnar feels unhappy backstage.

brock has rubbed a lot of people up the wrong way in the locker room since hes debuted and i wouldnt be surprised if this played some small part in it

Christ to lose goldberg and lesnar after mania is going to be a real blow to WWE

shin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Absolute rubbish , no matter how bad Lesnar is acting backstage , and pparently hes public enemy number 1 with most people there , McMahon would never let him leave , its the worst kept secret that he is Vince's favourite wrestler and would do a lot to please him.

Kinda ironic that Goldberg possibly could be gone after Wrestlemania when he hasnt caused any real trouble there and the biggest moaner and troublemaker in the WWE will just probably get a huge contract.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

I don't see Brock Lesnar's problem if this is true.
    I mean he is always going to be a main eventer. Whether he has the title or not is irrelevant isn't it?
    If he is indeed squashed by Taker well it's not going to be long before Lesnar is a face again and is doing the exact same thing.
    Besides Taker has elevated many people with his feuds. While he used to win a lot he was often destroyed himself( only to come back from the dead or something!).

His argument about the SA thing might be justified. BUt aren't they doing less work anyway since the brand split?? Or just twice as many house shows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

I'm with Bill on this one as well, I mean, We all know that the bigger you are, the bigger draw you are in the eyes of Jesus H. McMahon so where's his paranoia train getting pulling into?

The thing about Lesnar, again, he got too popular and pushed too quick. Once you've won the big one, where can he go from there? Personally he bored me with the big one on his third run last year, and don't say send him to RAW, Trips will bury him in a second.

I don't agree that the SA issue is justifyable, the main eventers very seldom have high profile matches when they go to foreign countries, unless he has a real life issue with Holly, in which case I wouldn't blame him as he's a dick in real life, and he proved that when he stiffed that kid on Tough Enough.

Only time will tell i guess.
    Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

Originally posted by RebelRockChick
    Kinda ironic that Goldberg possibly could be gone after Wrestlemania when he hasnt caused any real trouble there and the biggest moaner and troublemaker in the WWE will just probably get a huge contract.

who are you saying is the biggest moaner backstage? brock? are you serious? and as for goldberg not causing any trouble backstage, he was in the company 2 weeks when he (tried to) pick on jericho but he got his ass handed to him so he shut the hell up from then on.

on the issue itself i find it shocking that its actually being talked about but i think its nigh on impossible vince would seriously consider letting brock go. and as for brock seriously considering leaving himself, where has he to go. the guy has a young child (and i think he's married aswell) i really doubt the reduced wages of TNA would appeal to him at this point in his career, and as for the indies, forget it. maybe he could go to the next olympics :).

jesus im away for a couple days and the WWE falls apart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

I think some of ye missed the post... lesnar only may want time off according to the speculation anyway. He had no plans leaving I'd say if he's getting the most money (or at least triple that of the mid/bottom card ppl) It is internet speculation and unless someone proves it it won't happen (iobviously) but i don't see lesanr dropping millions of dollars over an ego trip. Maybe someone will hit him with a chair and he'll get a sense of reality one day...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

He had no plans leaving I'd say if he's getting the most money (or at least triple that of the mid/bottom card ppl)
    He just bought a god dam plane, hes loaded!

Brock and Golberg can get lost as far as Im concered. I get really pissed of when these big shots think they are to big for the company they are in. Hogan wasnt too big, neither was Rock, or Stone Cold, or Bret Hart. Why do these idiots think the company will fail without them?

I know what your sayn Skud, hes not leaving. If anything does happen to force his hand to leave(remember, Brock has other menas of income, whats to stop him going for the olympics anyway) the entire wrestling buisness will be in alot of trouble.

With MLW going under, the chance ROH may disappear in a short time and so many unhappy WWE stars back stage, the wrestling buisness is in a good big of trouble at the moment...

Hanza

that is a good point, even the speculation is saying that lesnar hasnt said that he wants to leave, just that he wants some time off.

as for whats to stop him going to the olympics, this year is olympic year afaik, and even tho lesnar is in amazing shape i doubt whether he would be in as peak wrestling shape as he would like to be, and i doubt there would be enought time for him to get onto the us olympic wrestling team and at the same time get enough ring time to justify being there. if he were to wait for the next games in 4 years time, its a long time to be without a paycheck.

even if he were to overcome all this i really dont think there is enough money in this to be viable to someone with the current earning power of brock lesnar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

yea i know he's loaded. God he's worse than bertie with his planes...
    I just said that (made up fact) because the mid card wrestlers were giving out about his earnings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭markomac316

Lesnar isnt loaded even though a lot of people will think that. The plane he bought was on future payments etc and I belive its on a lease.

When WWE signed Lesnar he was on a development deal, and then he got kicked onto T.V and they more than likely give him a bum deal. Now that hes main eventing WWE can pay him crap money and make loads and Lesnar can do nothing about it.

If he goes it will be like Stone Cold last year and he will be back as his contract expires in 2007.

I for one am glad to see the Old School Undertaker back, I loved his guy and when he went Biker guy he sucked. This will be his final year cause he wanted to finish his career as the deadman.

If Lesnar leaves good-riddance its about time the smaller guys got a chance. Look at Eddie Guerrero one of the most over guys on the roster. Throw in Chris Jericho to smackdown and you've got an amazing replacement and can play a Heel or a face perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

Um big 'ol spoiler
    It looks like brock is definitely leaving the wwe after wmxx, just on the TNA thing, brock can only wrestle for the wwe while he's under contract to them check out pwinsider.com for more details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭markomac316

As we reported earlier, Brock Lesnar announced yesterday that WrestleMania XX would be his last date for WWE.

Brock Lesnar was said to have stood up in front of all the Smackdown crew at the pre-show talent meeting and announced that he was leaving WWE after WrestleMania, to pursue a career in the NFL. This situation started when Lesnar told co-workers that he has been upset about the direction of his character, and becoming burnt out by the traveling. He met with Vince McMahon last week at Smackdown during a meeting and voiced his concerns and informed him that he would be leaving WWE.

Lesnar was also upset that after WrestleMania he had to feud with the Undertaker and put over his Dead Man character, which he feels, does not sell for the other wrestler.

Lesnar informed everyone at the meeting that he could no longer find happiness in the business and was feeling miserable.

Lesnar thanked Vince McMahon, Jim Ross, and Gerry Brisco for finding him in college and also thanked Big Show and Paul Heyman for helping him with his wrestling career. He was said to be very emotional after the announcement and wished everyone well.

source:- rajahwwf.com

---

Apparently there were another two bust ups at the show..One between Big Show and Ron Simmons and another between Torrie and Sable over playboy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

IMO this is a classic example of the young lion getting a push way too soon. So many people said that thye wanted Cena to become a main eventer, infact Ive already heard people saying, that in the wake of Broke Lesners departure, that he will become a main eventer. Bad Idea.

Lesner went too far too soon. Forget winning the WWE title. He held an amazing undefeated streak. Plus, say what you will about Calloway, Brock kicked him around the place, and even bet him in a hell in the cell. The politics behind that must have been and increadable ego builder.

In a way ill miss Lesner. However his departure was at an idiotic time, and this disision could have serious rammifications on the entire buisness. With uncertinty sorrounding the future of som many of the indie feds, pro wrestling, as we know it is in a very dogey period at the moment.

I dont believe hes burned out. Look at the brutal travelling the veterans had to do in the early 90s. People have alraedy exceded his travelling, and he has his own Jet for god sake. IMO he seeks another challenge.

Hanza

Originally posted by Glowingmind
    Um big 'ol spoiler
    It looks like brock is definitely leaving the wwe after wmxx, just on the TNA thing, brock can only wrestle for the wwe while he's under contract to them check out pwinsider.com for more details

out of interest y is this a spoiler? it doesnt say anything new? and that site is ****e, all it gives you are big headlines, then when you click through em, it asks you to pay to read em. what crap

Advertisement