Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question regarding utv clicksilver

• 08-03-2004 8:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭

I rang them but i assume its either closed or they just won't pick up anyhow i wanted to bounce a few questions off you fine ppl.I'm 7 months into a 12 month contract with utv and i am moving in a month.

Can i just transfer my account to the new house assuming the area is ok ?

Will i be charged for this ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

AFAIK they are entitled to charge you full price when you move but I believe they look at this on a case by case issue .
    Phone them again , they should be there till 9 , I think

John.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I just had this done for me. Took one month to get the transfer completed and that was with some complaining to Eircom & ComReg. I wouldn't like to imagine how long more it would have taken if I had sat back and waited.

It is looked at on a case by case basis as jonski said, in my case my connection became practically unusable in the last house over a period of a couple of months so we agreed on a certain sum of money.

Don't waste your time phoning the support crowd, they'll just tell you to send an email to admin@u.tv with all the details. You could always give someone in the admin team a ring in the morning, probably the best thing to do. Geraldine (god bless her little cotton socks) sorted the whole kerfaffle out for me.

Good luck with it and as I said, take into account that your DSL is going to be down for the best part of (if not slightly over) a month.

Advertisement