Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tape Deck, but not quite.

Options
  • 08-03-2004 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Is there something you can get to replace your tape deck that is a connection bay so instead of having to use tape adaptors/fm transmitters, you can just hook your Diccman/MD/MP3 player directly to it for better sound, preferably one with LINE IN. Much appreciated.
    Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

man that sounds like a cool idea those any one know if this exists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

I was looking at a new system; some of the more higher end models have a front AUX IN for iPODs, etc., . You're looking at around 500-600 for the typical Alpine or Clarion units, or around 300-400 on import.

Personally since I found that the iPOD can be FM transmitted, I think I'll use that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

I got an aux in cable for the Blaupunkt cd player in my car. It fits onto the CD changer port at the back of the player and has a mini jack connection on the other. Connect it to the headphone port of my Zen and now have my whole music collection in the car :)

I bought it from Beaver Distribution in Citywest for €6. They even installed it for me for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Thats a better solution than the 3-600 one, 100 times cheaper! haha. wow. Ok, well, I want it for my IHP-140 I'll be buying on Thursday (40GB Iriver MP3 Hardrive player, can't wait, been researching which to buy for about 5 months, the time has finally come) I wonder would my tape deck have the same feature? Doubt it:(... how much do you think your disc player retails at? Is AUX the name of what I'm looking for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

Originally posted by mbroaders
    I got an aux in cable for the Blaupunkt cd player in my car. It fits onto the CD changer port at the back of the player and has a mini jack connection on the other. Connect it to the headphone port of my Zen and now have my whole music collection in the car :)

I bought it from Beaver Distribution in Citywest for €6. They even installed it for me for free.

Now for 6 quid, it even beats the FM thing. Thanks for the tip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

so if all I have in my car is a tape deck, what do I need to be able to do this, product names, prices etc, alternatives too please:) also, does the quality of the tape deck effect the quality of sound that comes out of speakers that much? Would it be the difference between a distorted sound when high and not? Could it go higher with a different head unit?thanks

Advertisement