Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Broadband

• 08-03-2004 8:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭

Is it just me, or is NTL Dial Up and Broadband.. these past weeks... been very feckity with websites not loading and stuff? I mean i try to go to simple sites, for instance, www.bcfiles.com and it'll take me ages to get the page to load, if at all. I know it's not down because i ask other people to check it out for me and it's fine for them. I was on the net in my dad's with ntl dial up and this kinda thing happened too... what the hell is the matter? Is there some other dns i can use to sort this out or what?

Cheers...

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

just tried that site you mentioned and it wont load for me at all on eircom bb. Must be the website not our isps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Nah it's definatly the isp. I get occasional trouble with any website i'm going to, that's the whole problem.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Yup, having the same problems myself with ntl bb
    was at a point there were no one could actualky log into hotmail, or post on bulletion boards.. they fixed that after a few days but still a few sites i type in am getting "done"

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

As a matter of interest it wont load for me either and I am on Clicksilver. It seems NTL has or the same proxy type problem as UTV had or may still be having with Clicksilver if you look at some of the threads on here you will recognise the symptoms I am sure.

By the way that site wont ping either!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

Same here. NTL 1mb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

Sites dead here as well and we are on a (scarily) big business pipe

Ok well then probably just a site problem. But i'm getting strange dns kinda problems with ntl as other have said their experiencing too. Are there any other dns servers i could use untill ntl fix theirs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,882 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

BCFiles (and in fact the entire Files network) has been down the last few days (I read on another forum) and noone knows why as of yesterday....

Ohh right well i know one of the guys that works for the files network team i'll ask him when he's on later. Anyways now i'm getting email trouble. I normally just leave my mail on their server to filter out with a spam filter, then leave the rest on there after i've read it, occasionally downloading with outlook. Now all of a sudden my old emails are gone, and there's 2 emails there i never recieved before from like 5 days ago. Ohh and i usually get (at least once a day) a period of about an hour when the ntl pop server refuses to allow me access and tells me that i have a bad password... EH?! I mean seriously... EH?! Anyone else experiencing that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Emboss

try different dns servers lads..

solved all my problems

• Advertisement

Yesss... but which one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

i haven't any problems browsing, but the email is a bit messed up at the moment- it won't take my password every now and then. i posted a proxy server not too long ago which sorted browsing problems, so use that

Well can you repost the details? Rummaging through old posts is a pain tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

it's a hard life, innit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭sprogman

These issues were caused be NTL Proxy Servers (Well for Hotmail and other sites not loading...)
    Check out the Site: http://www.chetnet.co.uk for further details.

You will need to change proxy server settings... a few of them are/were out of sync and causing problems

Thanks but i cant find the info on the site, where is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭sprogman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Emboss

Originally posted by Achilles
    Yesss... but which one?

ANY dns servers for ANY ISP will do the job....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭MickFarr

Here's a list of NTL's Proxy Addresses. You'll find the 2 Dublin ones listed

http://www.chetnet.co.uk/portal/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21

Advertisement