Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tattoos in dublin

Options
  • 08-03-2004 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭

im lookin to get my first tattoo done in the summer.

whats the best place to get it done in dublin???

criteria:
    - professional staff
    - hygene
    - skills

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

The tattooists in celestial ring are very good, they're up there with Sacret art. Classic ink are also good.

I think i'll make a sticky for this sort of question :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭coldenmean

go to snakebite on abbey st, and ask for Debs,,, i saw her stuff at the convention and she is AMAZING!!!
    very cool, very talented in more than just one style, and very careful and professional too... so im sure you wouldnt be disappointed.... so long as she is still there with them anyways... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Chaos_Path

Sacred Art or Celestial Ring....
    ive heard nothing but good reports about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Silent Grape

Atattood . just as good as celestial ring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

I got tattooed in celestial ring the work was good but the tattooest attitude left to be desired neve go back.Got pieced in snakbite the diffeene in attitude was amazing.You have to trust your tattooist i will only go to Damien in Finglas now.Hes very good makes you feel good prices reasonable wouldnt go anywhere else now even if it meabs waiting for a while to get tattooed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Arg thread necromancy again!!!

Never been into that place in Finglas (assume it's the one down near Hickeys Pharmacy as that's the only one I've noticed around there?), from the outside it looks like too much of a dive, but then I suppose most small shops in the area do. Though the fact that none of the locals I know went there to get their inkwork done means others must be thinking the same when they pass that place.

Iwouldnt judge a book by its cover that dive as you called it is very clean inside.Many people who i work with and are from Finglas got inked there.Its like most places its trial and error before you find a place you like so before you slag it offgo up and have a loook and talk to Damien and then post your opinion based on fact rather than speculation.Also i know people who live in town and wouldnt go near celestial ring so its a personel choice.I find Damien reasonable plus very easy to talk to ,he understands what you like.Also i got a half sleeve off him and its very beautiful.Hes avery good artist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 no-I-in-3some

I've been to a few places in Dublin for tattoos. Didn't much like the attitude in Celestial Ring but apparently its a great place to get inked.. Went to Snakebite, loved the artists but heard bad things after. Artattoo do great work, but I found the artist a bit of a tool... I dunno, all depends I guess.

I'm plannin on getting my sleeve done, but not gonna rush it. Maybe try get to know some of the lads in CR a bit better, perhaps, make the whole thing a bit more enjoyable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

Everytime I hear about this attitude in Celestial I find it really strange because everyone in there's always so nice to me. I've been tattooed by Jani and Brian, pierced by Cheryl, Aine and Patric. Every single experience I've had there was very positive and the people were wonderfull.

xtruthx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 no-I-in-3some

I've only ever gotten one tattoo done in there, didn't like the guy much, but the others in there seemed ok. Maybe he was just frustrated with the design cos it goes around my wrist and took ages to figure out the proper size.

I know that not everyone has a bad experience in there so I probably will go again.. They do seem to be one of the best around apparently.

Was in there today... got a mad itching for a tattoo cos I could hear the gun and smell the disinfectant.. Ha, a little strange.

• Advertisement

marti101 wrote: »
    Iwouldnt judge a book by its cover that dive as you called it is very clean inside.
    I never called it a dive, I said "from the outside it looks like too much of a dive". Location, location, location.... When you are letting someone go at you with a needle the last thing you want is to feel like you're in a grotto so first impressions matter, and the first impression you have of a studio is it's outside.
    Many people who i work with and are from Finglas got inked there.
    Well as I said, all the people I know from the area (I live in Finglas) who got inked went to studios about town, so clearly that apparently erronious first impression is putting quite a few people off the place.
    Its like most places its trial and error before you find a place you like so before you slag it offgo up and have a loook and talk to Damien and then post your opinion based on fact rather than speculation.
    All I've said is that the outside of the place doesn't convey the most cleanly impression of it, talking to the artist inside won't change this fact, since you seem to be taking it so personally perhaps you could grab a brush & paint and fix that problem yourself, might give you time to calm down a little instead of jumping to take offense.

People take hygiene standard very seriously when it comes to tattoos/piercings so if the place looks dirty from the outside I'm probably not even going to bother looking inside. They also have to consider how nice some of the shops in Dublin look. Classic Ink and the grafitti on Wildcat Abbey St really make them stand out and they are the competition.

xtruthx

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

i got a half sleeve off him and its very beautiful.Hes avery good artist.
    Just because you think its beautiful, doesn't mean its a technically great tattoo...
    post your opinion based on fact rather than speculation.

Of course, all that matters is that you're happy with it :)

I also got inked in many other places so i do have some experience of other tattoo places,it was jani in cr who inked me i didnt like the experience so i wont go again.As you said it is my tattoo so of course i lke it,but i wouldnt slag you off if i didnt like your choice of tattoo.Just because a place is big and has a name doesnt make it the best place to get tattooed.Sometimes smaller places treat their customers better because they depend more on the business and word of mouth.:confused:

I also got inked in many other places so i do have some experience of other tattoo places,it was jani in cr who inked me i didnt like the experience so i wont go again.As you said it is my tattoo so of course i lke it,but i wouldnt slag you off if i didnt like your choice of tattoo.Just because a place is big and has a name doesnt make it the best place to get tattooed.Sometimes smaller places treat their customers better because they depend more on the business and word of mouth.:confused:

No one has said anything personal against you so stop seeking personal insults where there are none, or is the reason you're taking it personally that you are in fact this Damien character you speak of and are only here to advertise yourself in a sneaky fashion, and as such the assessment of the front of your premises has upset you.

A tattoo parlour is a business like any other and first impressions are important. Damien needs to realise this.

xtruthx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I got my third tattoo in Mulhuddart, Dublin 15. The place looks like a dive from the outside, but he's very professional and clean. His name is Marco.

My first tattoo was by my dad's best friend and my second I got in england.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Isadora

Never been in the place but it the worst looking place for a tattoo parlour that I have ever seen. (Well, maybe Tony Freshs old place over the sex shop in Mary St was worse)

If the artist is a friend of yours tell him he needs to move. An old dirty, mucky industrial park is not a place for a tattoo parlour.:eek:

Isadora wrote: »
    Never been in the place but it the worst looking place for a tattoo parlour that I have ever seen. (Well, maybe Tony Freshs old place over the sex shop in Mary St was worse)

If the artist is a friend of yours tell him he needs to move. An old dirty, mucky industrial park is not a place for a tattoo parlour.:eek:
    Assume you're refering to the one in Mulhuddart? As the one in Finglas is not in an industrial park (assuming I have the right place in mind, but then I doubt there are 2 tattoo studios in Finglas), think the bakery (does at least smell nice for a good distance around it:)) would be the nearest industrial park type place in Finglas.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Isadora

Yeah, I mean the Mulhuddart one. It's just pass the old cemetery so no smell of freshly baked bread to relieve the scene.:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

farohar wrote: »
    No one has said anything personal against you so stop seeking personal insults where there are none, or is the reason you're taking it personally that you are in fact this Damien character you speak of and are only here to advertise yourself in a sneaky fashion, and as such the assessment of the front of your premises has upset you.

Farohar,
    I can tell you straight out that this isnt Damien posting this,Ive just shown him the thread.
    Damien happens to be a close personal friend of mine whos work is amazing.Ive only ever gotten inked by Damien.

His place is immaculate and hes one of the soundest,most down to earth blokes you could meet.The shop is above an estate agents in Finglas village and the entrance is probably not the best looking because its shared with 3 other offices in the building,but once you walk into the studio you can see that its as clean if not cleaner than some places Ive been in.

i agree you couldnt meet a nicer tatooist.he done my last 3 tatoos and i wouldnt let anybody else touch me now with a needle.he is very clean and most important honest if he doesnt think itll look rig he will tell you:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 eoin400

anyone know an artist in dublin who is good at all white ink tattoos,

eoin400 wrote: »
    anyone know an artist in dublin who is good at all white ink tattoos,

I've had 3 text tattoos done in UV white-ink (pretty much the same, just less visible after it's healed) by Remi (Wildcat ink/Celestial Ring on Abbeystreet) and am happy with the work, it'll really depend on what exactly you want done though, is it an entire image in white ink or just script? Hopefully others can recommend a few artists too, give you a selection to pick from.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭ADO

hey man! i got my first tattoo off this guy at dublin-ink !!

he is setting up his own parlor in tallaght very soon.

definatly worth checking out:

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=5457827704

ADO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Noxie J

Anybody know anything about The Barber Room and Trinity Tattoo room on College Street? I have an appointment coming up but can't find any info on any of the artists...Probably should have checked before I made the appointment, but...I didn't.:p

The artist I was talking to seems really nice and he sounded like he knew what he was talking about but haven't found any reviews of the place or the quality of work done there.

HELP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Noxie J

Apparently the tattoo parlor is called LIVE FAST TATTOO...still can't find any info on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭suckmyloli

Reku wrote: »
    I've had 3 text tattoos done in UV white-ink (pretty much the same, just less visible after it's healed) by Remi (Wildcat ink/Celestial Ring on Abbeystreet) and am happy with the work, it'll really depend on what exactly you want done though, is it an entire image in white ink or just script? Hopefully others can recommend a few artists too, give you a selection to pick from.

just wondering how long UV lasts for heard its only a few months :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BELIEVE123

hiya all..

im planning on getting my tattoo tomorrow in classic ink in temple bar, im going to get a infinity symbol with a feather and my grandparents names <3

• Advertisement
Advertisement