Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outlook express can recieve, but not send mail

Options
  • 08-03-2004 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

I just switched a machine from dialup to broadband and now i cant send email. I get this error message on broadband every time i try to send an email, but i can recieve without a problem. It then prompts me to dial-up, and when it does the messages are sent without a problem. The error i get is:
    "This message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. the rejected email address was XXXXX@iol.ie, Account pop.iol.ie, Server mail.iol.ie. Protocol SMTP. Server response 550 relaying to <XXXXX@iol.ie> prohibited by administrator, Port 25 Secure SLL; No, server error; 550 Error number 0x800CCC79

I'm not sure whats causing this....any ideas?

TIA
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

If your BB service isn't with IOL you'll need to use the smtp server provided by your BB provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gs39t

.....so in order to use an email address at iol.ie i need to use mail.eircom.net ? (or whatever it is.

Didnt think that was possible

I'll give it a shot, thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

just change the outgoing server to mail2.eircom.net in you mail client if you use eircom broadband
    leave the incoming server as iol and it will work perfectly

Advertisement