Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio re-arrangement

Options
  • 08-03-2004 11:18pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just something I was thinking about,
    perhaps it would be worthwhile to seperate the radio/music forum into two seperate forum, moving radio to the arts category, and leaving music as it is....
    It might also be worthwhile considering putting the XFM, Anna Livia and Energy Fm forums as sub catagories under Radio (I think Phantom is abit too popular, and would suffer more if moved, although it could be moved too)

Flogen
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Whatever about re-splitting Music and Radio, I can't see us moving the Free Radio stations in to the "main" boards.ie categories as there are legal issues with us making them official boards and not hosted communities.

We could split Radio into its own board, and have an announcement / link at the top to the FR category...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

there are legal issues with us making them official boards and not hosted communities

never thought about that....

Flogen

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

That's why you're just a user and he's the ... law-talkin' ... guy.

However (on a suggestion from mike65) I'm all for creating a News / Media board for Newspapers, Radio, etc.

http://www.dmoz.org/Regional/Europe/Ireland/News_and_Media/

Any opnions? Moving this to FB / Suggs.

would it encorporate television too??

sounds like a good idea for a media board, and you could also post and discuss the news headlines of the day etc.

Flogen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

However (on a suggestion from mike65) I'm all for creating a News / Media board for Newspapers, Radio, etc

Cheers Cloud, heres what I would propose - a dedicated "cluster" of boards which would include the following-

Television,
    Film,
    Radio,
    Press/print media
    Advertising,
    Media Discussion (which would ponder the wider issues for example ownership, ethical standards, etc).

I've tried on two previous occasions to drum up interest in this idea without success, so please if you like the idea SAY SO! :)

Mike.

ps flogen sorry for hi-jacking your thread! :ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

I'd like to see this too.

Go team mike65

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Yep, I'd say it'd be interesting to read through, though I probably wouldn't be a poster there.

ps flogen sorry for hi-jacking your thread!

nay problemo mike, its for a good cause,... I say go team!!!

I'm doing journalism myself, and can see a great advantage for me to have a board discussing print media and a general media discussion (ethics, modern practices etc etc)....
    I say bring on the Media section.... post haste!!

Flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Me likey. Bouncy.

Especially the print media bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

aye, nice. i'd seen this the previous times mike had attempted to get it going and was disappointed to see the idea fail. well done :)

Originally posted by mike65
    Cheers Cloud, heres what I would propose - a dedicated "cluster" of boards which would include the following-

Television,
    Film,
    Radio,
    Press/print media
    Advertising,
    Media Discussion (which would ponder the wider issues for example ownership, ethical standards, etc).

I've tried on two previous occasions to drum up interest in this idea without success, so please if you like the idea SAY SO! :)

Mike.

ps flogen sorry for hi-jacking your thread! :ninja:
    I like the press/media discussion idea.
    I've seen discussions of it on threads across several boards from time to time.
    Thumbs up from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

As a media junkie, yes, an open forum for discussion on all things media gets a resounding icon14.gificon14.gif from me.

/me opens up his favourite comic, the Daily Mail...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Yep, certainly if we get the opportunity too slag off media tycoons who are brainwashing Joe Public every damn day ?...;) .

P. :ninja:

Yep, certainly if we get the opportunity too slag off media tycoons who are brainwashing Joe Public every damn day ?... .

yeah, given that Irish newspaper media is divided between two people (basically anyway...i'll find figures later), and the papers etc owned by these people arent going to criticise the monopoly that makes them rich, i think that there should be some medium to do it....as i said earlier about morals and so on.. could be interesting

Flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Adam 3000

sounds like a good Idea, I'd certainly visit the forums, well maybe not the advertising one that often... but the other ones, 100%

Adam 3000,

Eh ?... Quote; " I'd certainly visit the forums " end quote. Sorry you have lost me, or have I finally totally lost it ?...:confused:

I was showing support for the new forum suggestions, where exactly did you get lost?

I think if you were to re-read this thread. You just might see that it changed from a suggestion for a number of forums into an original individual 'News/Media Board' idea, from about post *5 onwards.

From there the News/Media idea seemed to have taken over from the previous plethora of 'forums' idea/suggestion !, and has received very considerable support.

At least thats how I see it :confused: If I am wrong please accept my sincere apologies.

it seems to me that it started as a radio suggestion, then mike suggested a new media section, which encorporated papers, tv, radio, ads, media discussion etc.

cloud gave his support to a media forum, mike gave details of his idea.... i gave my support to his ideas..

• Advertisement

Adam 3000,

I still do not understand your statement, Quote:- " Well maybe not the advertising one that often... but the other ones, 100% " end quote.

Sorry, still confused I am :confused:

em ok.
    Out of the forums suggested in mikes new group, i would visit TV, radio, film, print media, media discussion
    I would probably not visit the advertising forum though.

you get that?

News / Media created in Society - we can see about making a category as things get busier...

I hereby appoint flogen (if willing) as moderator.

J.
    --

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cant see it yet! :)

Mike.

*me tries to get first post*:ninja:

edit> found it!

cheers cloud!
    more than happy to mod!

Flogen

Advertisement