Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CTF Maps

Options
  • 09-03-2004 12:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭

Can we remove El Al and NFZ CTF Maps and change to Gazala/Bocage and Docks CTF instead. People are getting really used to the CTF way of playing and NFZ takes ages.

Gazala is quite good, Bocage is very good and Docks is pure MAYHEM.

At least consider it.

If there is still an idea on starting a clan it could be a CTF clan instead. Pity they have removed CTF from BFV.

The Fairy.

Have we decided on a night to have the CTF night?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i second this, i also think ctf should be just 1 round a map as it takes so long and that there should be a time limit placed on maps like NFZ. i don't like going onto a map at 10.30 and finding myself there at 12.00.

data

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Keep El al

get rid of NFZ

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

Id like to point ive been saying this since the start! lol.

id be willing to change to those maps but not all three pick two out of the three me thinks.

We cant change the round limit to 1 for just ctf maps and keep the conquest maps at 2 rounds

I would suggest a round time limit of 60 minutes though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

We need another server.

Conquest and CTF gametypes living on the same machine aren't as configureable as all of the suggestions on here.

Some Conquest maps last longer than 60 minutes, depending on the balance. Such games are very close and it would be a shame to end them before the tickets ran out. Some conquest games can be won or lost in the last 5 tickets :)

Numbers of rounds gets applied to all gametypes too.

I suggest returning the server to conqest, and have a designated CTF night, suggest Sunday next? 6pm to late.

What do yas think?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

Originally posted by Lucutus

I suggest returning the server to conqest, and have a designated CTF night, suggest Sunday next? 6pm to late.

What do yas think?

thats an even better idea.

is there lost village ctf :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Sounds good Luc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

aye sounds good

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

yeah sounds good indeed any chance of making it saturdays when i'm more likely to be out? (data you cheeky bugger) :o

ah i suppose a bit of CTF might be interesting just not on NFZ where it can go on all night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Right. There are some damn good players on these servers. Good enough to start a clan.

If everyone is serious about it then lets have a clan server as well.

CTF is a damn good way to play DC. There are some CTF only servers that I have played on where the games have been brill.

I'd really like to see the CTF maps kept on but would love to see them changed every say fortnight. Either that or hire some more admins so that they can move the games on when too long has been spent playing a CTF map.

Saying that last nights game on NFZ was very good. You have to keep coming up with different ways of trying for the flag.

I vote keep some ctf maps on with a 30:00 min time limit.

Oh and remove that bloody auto switch. LOL

The Fairy.

Hire more admins?

Rev, I want my pay cheque!

Hairy, read my post above about different settings for different gametypes.

Luc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Accepted Luc. I thought with 1.6 that it was easy to run different types of games on the same server but seemingly not.

The Fairy.

Oh, we can have Conquest and CTF together on the same server, no problem.

What we can't have is different round limits/timelimits etc, rulesets basically, for each gametype.

Advertisement