Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant get XP boot disk to copy

Options
  • 09-03-2004 1:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭

When I started my pc, it detected my XP CD and ran the installation. However, I forgot to press F6 to install my SATA drivers. Then XP halted because it cant find my hdd. So I exited the setup and install my hdd through BIOS. But this time, my XP isnt starting at all.
    So I went to MS site and download the boot disk for XP. When I execute the programe, a MS-DOS windows appears and its written on top of the MS-DOS program C:/Windows/system32/ntvdm.exe and then it doesnt do anything else.
    Is there a way to fix this? I really need to boot disk. Is there any other boot disk I can use so that my XP CD will run?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Are you sure your first boot device is CD, check this again and make sure you have SATA enables either by the jumpper on the MB or in the bios also have the SATA drivers on a floppy so when you press F6 you can load them.

Thanks joePC

Advertisement