Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lan Party - VGA Projector ideas?

Options
  • 23-05-2001 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm running a Lan Party over the weekend and I've been offered the loan of a VGA projector for the event. I'm hoping to have a follow cam of maybe 5 to 10 seconds per player or maybe just random camera angles. We will be playing both Q3 and UT plus a few Racing games. Is it straighforward to set this up for Q3 and UT in console mode, or do I need mods for this?

Thanks,
    Alatar

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

well, you mention console mode, I'm not sure what you mean from that. The best way to do it is have a separate machine hooked up to the projector, just spectate from this machine. There are probably scripts you can get to switch the camera angle, others would know more about that.

something like ( I'm sure there are much better ways of doing this)

cam.cfg
    wait;
    wait;
    wait;
    wait;
    wait;
    wait;
    +attack; // or whatever switches views
    -attack;
    exec cam.cfg

if you want to get a really professional system, just search www.planetquake.com for mods which will do this kind of stuff, or have someone sit at the machine doing the camerawork smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Alatar

Thanks, I'll check that out. As it happened we didn't get the Projector for this party, but it's worth knowing for next time.

Cheers,
    Alatar

Advertisement