Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom BB disconnecting! :MAD:

• 09-03-2004 4:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭

I have found that I have been getting disconnected when someone tries to get through to my house on the land line. Every time it diconnects and reconnects about 10 minutes later. I have recently solved this problem by buying a router(Netgear WRG514v2 Wireless) to wirelessly connect my mtoher machine which is on the other side of the house. Well anyway, I setup the router and set the cayman modem to bridge mode, now the netgear router is dialling the net and I have no disconnect problems anymore. If you are having this kinda trouble it seems it can be solved by buying a router...

Just wondering, has anyone else had this problem and fixed it another way? is there setting you can change on the cayman modem to prevent it disconecting?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Moved to Broadband.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭mang87

Opps, sorry, wrong forum :dunno:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭BlaaBoy

hey mang87 ,
    if your getting disconnected everytime you recieve a phone call its one of 2 things . you may not have filters on all fone sockets in use or else you could have a crossover in the woring at your premises . you would not know of this problem untill you get broadband , the analogue line will work fine , but its when the bb signal goes down the line if theres a crossover in it it would cause broadband to disconnect when recieveing a call or fax. best thing to do it to plug modem/router into main socket in the house via a filter and disconnect all non adsl equipment from the line adn test it yourself by ringing the landline with a mobile while your online :-)

Advertisement