Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firewall for NT Server

Options
  • 09-03-2004 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭

Hi All - hopefully someone will have a simple solution to what might seem a stupid question! I want to install a firewall on a Windows NT server which will block all traffic except for local PC's accessing the server. Theres only 7 PC's accessing it so if i could restrict access to the 7 IP addresses/MAC addresses and literally not allow anything esle on it it would be a solution. Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Any ideas?

Yeah dont used NT server, if you must then BlackICE server protection is a very secure FW and IDS, you can download the trial and get the serial if you know where to look if not the PM me.

Thanks joePC

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Try Kerio personal firewall.. used it many a time and one of the best around..

Cheap enough to purchase too..

Have a look and see

http://www.kerio.com/kpf_home.html

Tox

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Remove the entry for a gateway in tcip propertites
    then it will only be able to talk to the LAN.

use ROUTE PRINT to confirm that only the local LAN route exists

Plan B - Replace TCPIP with NETBEUI

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

Bloody hell Capt'n Midnight - the best solutions are always the simplest - dunno why i didn't think of that! Nice one - appreciate it.

Duke

Advertisement