Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

teenager forum

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Atreides

Originally posted by crash_000
    Gordon the only thing i actually took from that post was

anyway yes i could see it reducing the "does she like my threads". well actually just transplanting them. god i pity the poor saps who end up modding this if it goes through :D

Your probably going to be one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

go for it.

I'll be the mod for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Señor Juárez

Originally posted by Dustaz
    The irony in this becomes apparent when you realise that agent smith just lost his modship on collarsup.

what is even more ironic is going to be when he reads this post, in which i am reminding him that people who nominate boards are automatically ruled out of the choosing of a moderator for it :P

i guess it COULD be a good idea... with strict moderation. i.e. if someone trolls at all, they get banned permanently, with no redemption.

if its done wrong, itll turn into an even more whiney troll hole than PI is now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

How old is that promoter = out of the running for mod thing, because the buddhist forum was Yoda's idea, and he mods it...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Community boards operate under slightly different rules. for instance the LNA and IJC. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Atreides

It used to be the case before hand that if someone suggested a forum they automatically became mod(pretty much), that had been dropped to if you suggest a forum you probably won't become its moderator

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Par, vac and Richindub for mods

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

i like the idea

i just think members that have no specified birthdays in their profile and people who are over 18 according to their profile and who are under 13 according to their profile to not be allowed to post BAR mods and admins of course :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Too hard to moderate is a pretty lame excuse for not having a board, there is only one way to find out tbh.
    Not that Im all for this board or anything but I suppose it would be good.
    It would be like the LC, which I posted a lot on last year. Great for advice from your peers but there was also a good 'vibe' and a decent laugh. It felt better knowing everyone was going through the exact same thing. Although 'teenager' wouldnt be as specific I can imagine it a better place to post some queries etc.,
    In fact, now that I think about it, Im for this board.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Are 19 year olds not teenagers? :)

I think having age restrictions enforced by Teh C0de is probably a bad idea. For one thing, it'll only exclude those who bothered to fill in the age field, those Big People who didn't fill it in will still be able to view the board. I couldn't really foresee a large number of Big People wanting to read the forum anyway. And if they do, so what?

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

hardly, the admins will read this thread, consider the arguments each person makes, and decide if a new forum is required. Or at least thats my understanding of how F - S works ... am i wrong ?

You are not wrong. I've just read all 3 pages of this thread. I wait until a number of brains have chewed it over because that way I get a lot of conflicting and alternative views and points. Thats not to say I follow the consensus, I pretty much discount posts that are carbon copies of previous points.

That said I'm about to go against the grain and deny this forum. I just dont like this forum as a idea.... theres something about the idea of a teenager ghetto and a form of ageism I dont like. One of the things I like about Boards is that, say you are reading a post in Humanities... you take the point on its merits, you dont think "that poster is just a teenager, what does he know".... and by introducing a teen forum, its going to cause more of that to happen.
    I think many of the topics are covered in other forums anyway and this is just one division of subject I dont like...

Tough choice though, I can see the arguments for it.... :(

DeV.

Advertisement