Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what wrestling events you have been to?

• 09-03-2004 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

since raw is coming to town, what other wrestling events have you
    been to?
    ive been to 6 in total.. ive seen no way out 01 man that was amazing the stone cold
    vs hhh 2 out of three fall match, wrestlemania 15 and 16 i thought 16 was better than 15, backlash 03 seen goldberg was so cool and 2 smackdown programs in the
    boston fleet centre..
    the best one i have been to was no way out 01 and wm 16 was a close second

so let me know what events you been to ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

We had this topic before.
    WWA in the Point, November 2002 and up and coming RAW - May 26th

And 16 was a lot better as it wasn't booked by that muppet Russo, he destroyed Wrestlemania 15 and almost took the credibility of the event with him.

Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Digsy

I've only seen WWF twice when it came here in '92 and '93 , I know they were only house shows but they were better quality back then as the weekly shows were stills established stars vs. jobbers like Horrowitz and Lombardi , so seeing them wrestling each other seemed like a proper ppv.
    '92 Main event was 'taker and Sid , this was when the phenom was at his peak and I was blown away by his and Sid's size ( Warlord was huge as well , even if he was useless ) .Bulldog got a good pop too , even though he had a Union Jack on his back , suppose most of the crowd were young and not too political.

'93 was even better - 'Taker and Yokosuna , and Bret and Bam Bam , just brilliant.

Apart from that , just the aforementioned crap in the SFX and the last couple of WWA events which were poor to be honest , apart from seeing Bret again.

Doubt if I'll get across the pond to see a real deal PPV , just bought a house ! ( Suppose I might win the lotto )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Nolimits

WW(f)E in 95 in the point.
    WW(f)E insurrextion 2001, saw hennigs last match (dark match v goldust) got a big suprise when i came home a few days later and read about the plane ride from hell.
    IWW october show
    WWA twice ( the second one was so bad i refuse to go to the next wwa show on principle i dont care if its got bret v angle v benoit main event i wont go)
    NWA Ireland twice
    Win Wrestling

As far as spectacle and excitment goes it was probably insurrextion.

As far as the show i had most fun at IWW hands down, great show with a great atmosphere. Only thing i didnt like was the timekeeper (jk hanza)

Worst show was WIN was cool to see perry and saturn even if their match wasnt the best, enjoyed the UCW lads match everything else was forgetable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

saw wwe in '95 and some crap one that i never heard of (young at the time) in neptune Cork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

had the topic like a week or less ago.

Advice for newbies... read past thraeds for a number of reasons.

Anyway, I was at The 2 WWE shows here
    IwWs first show and I worked at the second

Hanza

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Digsy

In fairness , there are a lot of old threads , it would take a lot to go through them all just to make sure we were'nt going over old ground.

I'd say if an old topic comes up , ignore it !

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭jesusjones

I was at The 2 WWA shows The 2nd one was awful I agree!WWA is no longer with us thank god. And a very dodgy english wrestling show at the WIT with people protraying Sting the Undertaker and a guy called Mister U.S.A. with a manchester accent!Looking foward to WWE coming over it will be my first time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

WWF in The Point in 93

WWA in 2002

WWE Smackdown house show in Calgary last summer

and the upcoming Raw show here in May.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

And a very dodgy english wrestling show at the WIT with people protraying Sting the Undertaker and a guy called Mister U.S.A. with a manchester accent!

i was there with him 2, only wrestling show ive been to, some matches were good, but when the fake kanes wig sorta fell off him ruined the moment if you will.

going to the wwe show in may so thatll be 2 :)

shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

Originally posted by jesusjones
    I was at The 2 WWA shows The 2nd one was awful I agree!WWA is no longer with us thank god.

Aye, i'd have loved to have seen the first one alright, was meant to be a lot better. Sting and Lex Luger were bloody awful the second time around! Luger looked like the total package - of baked spuds, probably what was inside his gut. Joe E Legend's match was probably the better match of that night, even if he was Just Jo... sorry, Just a Game wannabe ;)

Nero

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭jesusjones

I agree although I thought the Triple Threat with Sabu/Simon Diamond and Perry Saturn was the Best match of the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭markomac316

I've been to a Raw in Boston loved it, my first ever event shown on T.V

I've been to the Smackdown house shows in Belfast.

I've been to both WWA events, the 2nd one sucked a lot but I wasnt complainning cause the tickets were free.

I was at Wrestling Revival in England, was bloody amazing.

And I was at some indy show in Lisburn.

In total 7. The Raw show in Dublin will be my 8th.

Advertisement