Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

streaming

• 09-03-2004 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

hey lads and lasses ,
    im an iol bb user , finding that streaming isnt happening as good as i previously had with eircom bb . any suggestions ? seems to be alot more sluggish than it used be . would this be down to network traffic or my pc ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Possibly the site your are getting it from is a bit slow. I'm not too much in to streaming but I did try it a while back with IOL BB and it was grand... If you are getting decent download speeds of 40kBps then you should be able to enjoy streaming without an issue. Is it real time streaming or recorded streaming?

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭BlaaBoy

its recorded streaming . i never really had a problem with it before . i am getting good connection and download speeds, about 58 kbps average download . suppose it cant really be the conneciton . maybe try tidying up my pc abit or try a new media player might do the trick .. just thought id ask :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Some streaming apps are quite CPU intensive... Try different sites, if it's the same and you are getting good download speeds then I would suggest it's something on your side!

X

Advertisement