Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

splashdvd.com out of business

• 09-03-2004 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭

I don't know anything about them, but maybe people here have used them. Or worse, have an order in process :(

www.splashdvd.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭fjon

Pity - used them before and they were quite good - especially for books.
    Actually have an order with them at hte moment - guess I'll never see that money again :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

fuck. I have an order worth 100 euro with them, waiting on an out of stock book :(

guess I'll never see that money again

I'm going to have a chat with my credit card company, they're supposed to protect you from this kind of thing, at least I hope so ...

Let me know how that works out for you - there may still be some hope...

Well, they said that usually you have to give a company 30 days grace, but if you can prove that they have ceased trading they'll work on it immediately.

My bank is AIB btw ... the rep. didn't actually say that I'd get the money back, but what I am to do is print out the webpage announcing that they've ceased trading and fax/post that to them with a cover letter explaining the situation allong with my creditcard number.

I'm not sure what will happen from there but I presume she'd have mentioned if there was anything else. Sounded hopeful anyway. If you are with AIB the fax no. is 01-2603781 and head it with Attn: Charge Backs. The post address is on your statement, I didn't take it down, again head Attn: Charge Backs.

I'm not sure if I should wait a while before doing this though, splash might be in touch do you think? (I really wanted that book too!!).

Rob

• Advertisement

Cheers - gave them a call and it seems like they'll be able to refund me.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Oh well, thanks for the info.
    Had an order, 3/4 ok, but wrong book other 1/4. Was process of contacting them. C'est la vie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭sprogman

Used them as well - and the prices were good - but the Website was terrible...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

that is a pity. they were the one place that gave amazon a run for their money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

i don't believe it, likewise i've been charged for two items i didn't get, in a transaction of 3 items totalling €51. If i get onto my bank (permanent tsb who i got my visa from) will they be able to refund me for the two items i wonder, even though they are not itemised on the bill?

*confused and annoyed*

• Advertisement

I'd say they found it hard to get new customers... if I were given the choice of them or amazon - on first impressions amazon would win hands down... It took me a while to take plunge and order with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

They had a terrible rep with quite a few posters over on the DVDforums. Not as bad as the one buyit247 have picked up lately (or the one that scan.co.uk have and deserve) but bad enough that I wouldn't have considered going near them.

I thought Scan were OK when I dealt with them before - but saying that its been a while since I bought anything - they became too expensive - in comparsion with Komplett anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

dammit, had a €70 order in with them for a bunch of stupidly cheap games. (Call Of Duty 9.99, Mario Bros 3 for GBA 12.99 and F Zero for GC for 22). will give my credit card company a shout tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

I had an order with them too for three books. Only €20 worth but even so. Will go to the bank tomorrow to try and sort things.

So, anyone know of anywhere else good for books, apart from Amazon, I find their shipping costs high.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭palance

I had ordered led zeppelin - how the west was won. Splashs price was the cheapest ive seen too. Was charged for it too, now I have to the hassles of ringing up the credit card company. eugh

Advertisement