Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Austin for Dublin visit ?

• 09-03-2004 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

He's not mentioned on the ads , so is he a definite no or a maybe ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

Unless he's still doing the book tour, although i'd say we might see him, i also would take an educated guess and say he's somewhat responsible for it. The dates were announced a couple of weeks after he was on Ryan. Wonder if a fax was sent to Vince?

Think about it...
    Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Digsy

He might have to leave the quad bike at home , if the ringside area is the same as for WWA at the point , there's not enough room to swing a cat ( somebody call my momma ! )

Seriously though , i hope he makes it , i've seen 'Taker ( in his prime ) and Bret ( Sadly , far from his prime ) , so i'd die happy if i seen Austin.

As long as there's enough room for him to swing a beer, he'll be happy :)
    Nero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

I think he probbaly wasn't announced because he probably has a limited dates contract which means he doesn't have to go to dublin if he doesn't want to. though i reckon there's a good chance he will come over, mainly because he has kids in england

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

The dates were announced a couple of weeks after he was on Ryan. Wonder if a fax was sent to Vince?

I always thought that the reason there coming now was directly connected to Austin on gerry ryan, i dunno how much Austin has Vinces ear these days, but he must have said something to vince about his appearence, I can imagine just how many people rang in who didnt get on air who asked the same question

"When are you coming to the Republic"

maybe im just being meglomaniacal here, but i suspect we have a lot to Thank Steve for

Shin

• Advertisement

Aye shin, I said that the minute i heard the dates were announced.
    Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭markomac316

And im sure Vince is loving it...He's probably made in and around €600,000 already and thats not including the money he'll make from merchandise {spl}.

{that €600,000 is just a rough guess from me taking in the average ticket price and the amount of seats available}

Either way I'm glad cause I've seen Raw once {when i was in America} and seen Smackdown once. But to see Raw in my home country will be great :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

its not raw as such. its a house show with the raw roster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

But paddy...
    Look at the standard of the house shows in the US at the mo. They are pretty good shows, they have to be to get the asses in the seats. Plus, we did something that has never been done before. The time the tickets sold in was amazing.

They are gonna wanna insure that they put on a good show for when they returrn and need to fill the seats with Irish flavoured asses again.

If this goes well, we could see Smackers here soon. Roll on Rey Mysterio...

:D

Hanza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭markomac316

Smackdown was in Belfast twice.

Its the first time in loads of years {im not gonna say an exact amount because I forget just no its a lot} that an event has sold out twice in the same day. They announced the second date after the first set of tickets sold out and the second lot also sold out on the same day.

• Advertisement

I was all geared up to make the trip to Belfast for a SD! show this year, the opportunity never arrived. Maybe they'll throw some SD! guys in the mix seeing as they're touring the UK around the same time.

(Hey, it happened on the Global Warning Tour in Melbourne!)
    Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

It would be only logical to have the smackdown crowd here. Seriously, we sold tickets faster then anyone ever did.

About Austin. I dunnno, cos he has such a tight shedule, I havent haerd anything about Trish Stratus. Has anyone else?

Hanza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

I know it doesnt make sense but I heard Torrie Wilson and Sable are both gonna be in Dublin. (family member working with them recently)

Could be because they are touring UK. Might be a good sign for other Smackdown peeps to make the trip too.

Here's hopin!

I for one would love to see Mysterio, even if it was only for the two seconds that i could blink ;)

Nero

Advertisement