Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MORE QUAKE SERVERS!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

i what to forget this ever happened - i didn't know there was more then 1 server (i was tit) and also i didn't know about MindPhuck because i was newbe in the boards.ie.I thouthd he was cs bumhole and saying bad things about quake (self def as a quake lover) soz about that mindphuck i was being like a pure c.un.t there.i have learened my lesson i'm SOOO SORRY FOR MAKING this FORM in the First place. so PLZ leave me alone now

[This message has been edited by #MEAT# (edited 20-05-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MindPhuck:
    Err, Can i stop lafing now ?

There is NEVER any one on the Irish Q3 Server - FACT. I cannot actually remember the last time I saw someone on the irish Servers. In fact, can we take them down and make something usefull out of them ? smile.gif

Sign here. blaa blaa blaaa
    </font>

Good idea... since nobody ever uses them, why not replace them with some other game that will actually see some action? I was going to suggest Tribes2, but the IOL server and Gameshop have got that covered...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

/me allows himself a chuckle at the muppetry

Also *if* anything was to be done with the q3server i would suggest possibly a TF server to take the load off our 2 current ones.

-Dave [Novak]

[edit: said 3 instead of 2 smile.gif ]

[This message has been edited by irishassassin! (edited 20-05-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

I think devore is really #meat#.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Just so ye know... ppl actually do use the Vishnu servers. In the daytime before 6, there are some regulars who duel. In the evening and night, I use it often enough with other FH ppl usually, and very late there are a few other regulars (at about 3am). They also use the RA3 server (i'll start playing that again as soon as i download the file).

Most Dutch people get better ping to Ireland than they do to UK, so if ye ever want to play a Dutch clan, Vishnu is the way to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Go on Eric, get rid of those damn Quake servers smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

haha fat chance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Esp

Im moving to ireland next month, currently live in south africa. Just hope the online quake 3 is as good or better than it is here smile.gif

Any specific ISP i should sign up with for isdn ?

unless theres some more stuff available when u get here, Eircom are the ppl to get ISDN from, called Eircom Hi-Speed. Get your own TA (asus/eicon), and register with a few free ISP's (pay per minute, no monthly fees).

The new patch should make ISDN better for q3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

I was on Vishnu with ThrAx and Killy and it was great. So for the ppl who say there always empty and should be replaced with Tribes 2 servers They can just F.UCK OFF!

Q3's here for good!!

Is this the untimely end of Volvagia tune in next week to find out.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

TBH,

I think id rather have the quake servers sitting there doing jack before I would replace them with a tribes server smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

Although this is an lol topic.

Meat has appolgised I think we should lay off him now. We do need more quake players so lets not start driving potential new players away for being guilty of nothing more than newbieism (it must be a word) tongue.gif.
    So as long as Meat cops on we should leave him alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Volvagia:
    Q3's here for good!!</font>

Haha, good one.

Thx Stephen it thought of the word myself.

Is this the untimely end of Volvagia tune in next week to find out.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭walt

tards tards everywhere, all of them i can not bare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Despite the fact that MEAT is obviously on an AOL Free Trial</font>

I resent that... wink.gif

Yeah anyway leave the qw servers.. why just the other day I bet koopa and sico around slosh.... I rock.

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Otaku X

this irish QIIIA vishnu server, what is its ip?

vishnu.ign.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

*SIGN* PLZ STOP NOW I'M GETTING SICK OF THIS!. i'm not newbe on the internet but i'm a newbe on the boards.ie and thats it

#MEAT# if you really wanted to get them too stop then you'd ask someone to clase the thread! So it seems top me that you like this and want it to continue SO let it continue for a long long time!!!!!!!!!
    After all u brought this on yourself!!!
    BLURK!

How appropriate you fight like a Cow!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

hehehe this is just what I need to read in the mornings :-).

I think it's 2 years at the moment ... if you haven't been around here for 2 year at least you are considered a newbie ( or until you send DeVore £60 ).

we have plenty of Quake players.
    few servers because they don't play on them.
    Here in UL we play quake 24/7 but we host all our own servers it's just easier for us that way.

I wanna setup a bog standard QW server ... no mods just FFA, and hopefully with Sonic's help might get that up before september (we're students we do things slowly ) :-)

only £60 thats a great deal Where do I leave the sack with the dollar bill symbol labled on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

any chance ye'll start playing erm proper games tongue.gif like team fortress by next september smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

teamfortress is gay
    (IM A MEDIC AND I GO AROUND FIXING THINGS IN QUAKE)

Mabye you have forgotten but the original team fortress was for quake!!! so there!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Volvagia (edited 01-06-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Yes and like all good things its left quake behind and gone on to bigger and better things. smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Spaceman

Jeezzz I've been missin the craic this post
    is a lauff

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GREENHELL:
    any chance ye'll start playing erm proper games tongue.gif like team fortress by next september smile.gif</font>

notice u said Team Fortress and not Team Fortress Classic.........Implying u mean TF for Quake!!! So go back to your Team Fortress Classic boards ohh wait there are none!!!!! Wonder why?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

yeah TF for quake 1, that ****ing r00ls, play that, not stinky TFC fer half-life

oh, and aren't we supposed to be making fun of meat for his muppetry, cmon he hasn't recieved enough abuse yet.

oh and anything not involving quake goodness is gah

I gone dun killed more 'n fifty hunderd ah dem little critters and there still a comin'!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

TFQW rocked the house ... TFC is just too ****ed good but no TFQW

for the record before there was dozens of irish servers ... including CTF and TF servers but nobody played them so they were dropped one by one for newer server such as HL and QIII.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement