Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can I be unbanned from IRC

• 09-03-2004 8:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭

esksor could you unban me from IRC

thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I don't remember banning you and I don't see a ban mask with your username in it. Any further details?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Atreides

when I click on the forum I get the message saying I don't have access

Ahh, the forum. I'll unban you now.

Ok thanks

Ok what was I banned from feedback for? Was it taking a topic off topic.

• Advertisement

I felt that the boy's toilets in DCU were a little off-topic on a thread about changed usernames.

And I think being banned without an explanation was a little over the top for taking a thread slightly off topic, if not very unusual. I've no problem if your saying the Admin forums are going to be moderated to that level, I can see a point to it, but when the rest of boards isn't it creates a two tiered system, where by what's acceptable (well tolerated) everywhere else forum is not on one forum, again I don't have a problem with this, but it would be nice to be told. I'm not going to get into an argument over this with you, just saying no warning was given, no indication of what punishment would be, no explanation of why I was banned, and no idea of how long I would be banned for. Personally I think you found it just a little to easy to remove my ability to post of the feedback forum. In this case banning was your only consideration.

So any idea how long the ban is for?

Advertisement