Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Different plugs in germany?

• 09-03-2004 9:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭

Are plugs different in germany, so will i need an adapter thing to use electrical products over there? and if so, (im guessing this is the case) where could i find such a piece of equipment.

thanks
    mich

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Yeah, they use a different type of socket, but it's the same as what's used in most of continental Europe as far as I'm aware.

You can have a gander at them here .

As for the supply, they use the same as us - 220 volts @ 50 Hertz, so you just need an adapter and not a converter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Some of the larger electrical retailers should stock the adapters - or if you leave it to the last minute, you'll pick one up at the airport - for a few euro more naturally!

The german plugs are two pinned so if any of your gear is two pinned, it'll be a tight sqeeze but should be ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

cooll thanks for that...picked one up at the local hardware shop.

cheers

Advertisement