Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

StarGate SG1, Season 7: Episode 21: Lost city - Part 2

Options
  • 09-03-2004 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

Another funny crossword joke. Good start wasent slow to find the planet location. Great scence for those secs before 1st adds.
    I wonder if anubis will deploy some super soldier ground troops.
    It was clear months ago that the lost city was on earth but it was good the way they tried to trick us. I didnt like the healing power bit but at the same time it isent bretecks time , yet.
    That battle was amazing. I was suprised at how quick the X-302`s expended there weapons (i assume missiles) couldent they just use there pulse weapons?
    Very good sfx.
    Great episode. I knew it wouldnt be the lost city. all that place does is insures earths protection.
    I expected bretac to die later though.
    We assume the asguard will be around to fix O`niell next season.

I wanted Anubis to surive or Apophis to return

Rate the episode 41 votes

Amazing
    0% 0 votes
    Good
    56% 23 votes
    ok
    39% 16 votes
    Bad
    2% 1 vote
    You wasted 45 mins of my life and i want them back
    2% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

:( jack :(

cool ep should of had a longer battle though....Anbus is dead :) and good riddens to the ****er.The prommie put up a good battle but it just couldnt match the big mothership cool battle never the less

It sets up atlantis perfectly as well

9/10

they better not kill jack though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

You are right there should have been a longer battle but those few seconds where the 2 fleets engaged probbley cost so much and it was amazing

aye thats true even star trek cant afford to show 2 ships fighting for very long never mind a fleet

that was one weird ass weapion jack used on the fleet.....it killed every thing ground troops fighers motherships....i want one!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Classy ep. I feel that ep really deserved a two-parter on its own though tbh, it all felt a tad rushed.

All the same, 9/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

i miss sky one... :(

• Advertisement

You make a good point it was a tad rushed but would you rather rushed or a season cliff hanger half way through just as the bettle starts :eek:

Anubis deserved a much better end tbh.
    But here is a point is anubis dead?
    He is half energy perhaps the dark lord will return someday.
    If i am right Anubis is the egyption dark lord correct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

Originally posted by Moriarty
    Classy ep. I feel that ep really deserved a two-parter on its own though tbh, it all felt a tad rushed.

All the same, 9/10.

Totally agree with you there. It seemed a little rushed and I thought that there'd be another episode following it. Oh well. Still gets 9/10 from me though.

I thought this was the last series. Is there gonna be another or what?

I'd have prefered them to take 3 eps to complete that story block than the 2 that they took. They could have junked one of the crap eps earlier on instead, much better use of the limited time they had imo.

There will be a 8th seris and a spin off next summer.
    The spin off is called Athlantis

I know User45701. What I'm saying is that they could have expanded on the story up until the point where they finished it just now. I'm not asking for any more story, just a bulking out of what we already got :) Even so, it's only a small gripe.. but imagine how great each of the 3 eps would have been telling the same story that was told to us in 2.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Zukustious

I thought this was the last series. Is there gonna be another or what?

I was responding to that question not yours Moriarty - sorry for the confusion

My mistake :)

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

Aye great ep imo. The Jack healing thing actually made me wince though, the Jellyfish attacky things were a bit cheesy too but all in all it was done well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

God, I can’t wait till next season. Great ep though!!! I don’t know about that whole attack by the jelly fish though! It was cool but I expected an actual weapon of some sort. Anubis will return! YA ALL KNOW IT!!!!

It was a bio/energy weapion......whats so odd about that

you bleave in Hyperspace giant spaceships etc but not a bio/enery weapion!

it would of been weird if some huge 80 foot cannon popped out of the ice and started blowing the fudge of of the fleet

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

1. Hmm, Is Jack Han Solo? No? So what is he doing in carbonite?
    2. Battle over ice with sloped winged vehicles? Not Empire Strikes back at all
    3. Squids used for destroying enemies? Ever see the Matrix

Good god, could the plagarise other sci-fi movies and programs any more? Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it until the last bit but they ripped off so many things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

Yeah a bit cheasy and rushed but overall fine,

Great to see Hamond in the captains seat for (I asume?) his last ep.

Originally posted by feylya
    1. Hmm, Is Jack Han Solo? No? So what is he doing in carbonite?
    2. Battle over ice with sloped winged vehicles? Not Empire Strikes back at all
    3. Squids used for destroying enemies? Ever see the Matrix

Good god, could the plagarise other sci-fi movies and programs any more? Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it until the last bit but they ripped off so many things.

Wait a tossing second sonny :p

It was shown 2 seasions ago that there was a anicent outpost in the artic when they found a anicent girl frozen there and they also found a stargate so what you call Plagarise....is in fact very very very good time line use (something star trek doesnt do very well)

+ the asgurd has that statis jobby on there ships as well so its technology we have seen before

Last ep as a regular yeah, he said he may pop back later on as a guest.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭mob

i don't think anubus is dead. i'd say he probably tryied to assend again.

• Advertisement

the ancents wouldnt allow him

he has to be dead the ship went bang with him on it

Originally posted by bizmark
    Wait a tossing second sonny :p

It was shown 2 seasions ago that there was a anicent outpost in the artic when they found a anicent girl frozen there and they also found a stargate so what you call Plagarise....is in fact very very very good time line use (something star trek doesnt do very well)

+ the asgurd has that statis jobby on there ships as well so its technology we have seen before

OK, there was a post there. I never mentioned that in my post. I know there was a frozen girl and a stargate there. What I said, if you actually care to read, is that if you open your eyes, the battle over the ice is too similiar to Empire to just be a coincidence.

Fair enough, maybe the asgurd do have that technology. Doesn't draw away from the fact that it is incredibly like carbonite.

What my hot-headed friend meant by his post was that any similarity was only that, a similarity.

They had been building up the Antartica thread since they found the second gate there. Had there been walkers and tow-cables then maybe you could claim plagiarism but as it stands it was nothing of the sort.

Remember back to last seasons finale, when Jack and Carter flew the glider into Anubis' ship's interior. Can everyone remember it? The big sphereical room, with the big glass power generator FROM RETURN OF THE JEDI? Remember the noise it made when they shot it? Oh, from ROTJ too. Hmmm, they don't steal anything from Star Wars. Not a bit.

The ice battle was just too much like Empire for my taste. If they had it over the sand (changing the story), it'd be more inline with the original story line of the film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭MrGump

I didn’t like it, predicable, plagiarised a billion other stories and looked tacky.

Troy: [singing] I hate every ape I see
    From chimpan-a to chimpan-zee
    No, you'll never make a monkey out of me

Oh my God, I was wrong
    It was Earth all along
    sound familar????

You've finally made a monkey
    Apes: Yes, we've finally made a monkey
    Troy: Yes, you've finally made a monkey out of me
    Apes: Yes, we've finally made a monkey out of you

P.S nobody post a reply telling me that earth was only a station, i know!

But Earth was only an outpost! (ha, outpost not station)

In all seriousness though, if you hadn't guessed it was earth by now.......

ya last seasions ending was very very much like the death star run

But a artic battle is a artic battle.......its ice with ships theres no way you can make it look any different

When the ships collided, it was incredibly like something I've seen (I think Episode 2???). The fact that they actually stole the sounds from the Empire battle for it though is the main thing!

Who cares? It looked good and it fitted with the plot. Get over it already.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Moriarty
    Who cares? It looked good and it fitted with the plot. Get over it already.

aye

Advertisement